I like the new uniforms.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I like the darker Cardinal and the simpler all gold lettering.

HOWVJULZRKKMUAF.20081007221416.jpg

ETBAEEKYEIVRDPV.20081007221439.jpg

Link to the remaining photos and the media day write up over at Cyclones.com.

LINK

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I was going to say...do you like the jerseys or the girls? i'd have to go with the latter
Posted via Mobile Device

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
We attended the ISU/OU volleyball game after the football game Sat. I think they need to re-work those. The cardinal is almost dark purple ... our red-ish was darker than OUs red-ish. Not to be nitpicky, but you can tell its darker than the coaches jackets / hats / and the like. It's also a sharp contrast to the older style red of the basketball court and logo.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's also a sharp contrast to the older style red of the basketball court and logo.

They haven't repainted the Cardinal on the court? I assumed that Pollard would have done that since he introduced these darker colors.

If the floor still has the old red, then I can agree that the colors will clash.

That said, I do like the darker solid yellow lettering.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There are two cardinal colors and two gold colors. That's the main downfall of the new logo set.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
They haven't repainted the Cardinal on the court? I assumed that Pollard would have done that since he introduced these darker colors.

If the floor still has the old red, then I can agree that the colors will clash.

They have the new I-State at center court- they must of repainted some of it.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

They have the new logo in the middle, but the red is very similar to the old red imho. It's definately not the noticable change like the football/basketball unis. It's gotta a whole new floor right? or do they somehow sand down sections and repaint them?

The red on the endlines /sidelines seems very "ketchup red" ... in stark contrast to the volleyball unis anyway.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There are two cardinal colors and two gold colors. That's the main downfall of the new logo set.

You're right, there is a photo of the girls standing on the new logo, and the girls' uniforms match the darker shades in it, but they do stick out when compared to the brighter shades in the logo.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They have the new logo in the middle, but the red is very similar to the old red imho. It's definately not the noticable change like the football/basketball unis. It's gotta a whole new floor right? or do they somehow sand down sections and repaint them?

The red on the endlines /sidelines seems very "ketchup red" ... in stark contrast to the volleyball unis anyway.

Thanks for the info. I have to wait until the end of December before I'll get a chance to view it in person.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Thanks for the info. I have to wait until the end of December before I'll get a chance to view it in person.

has anybody heard about this "beauty and beast" thing their doing?

gonna have a gymnastics meet and a wrestling meet at the same time? they were advertising it during the v-ball game and it was the first time I'd heard anything.

I'm not usually one to break news, so this is probably old news to most.

sounds just weird enough it might be cool.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
B&B was done a few years ago for Nebraska.

I'm not a fan of it at all, but especially since it's for Minnesota this time.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Never heard of it..until now.

"The Iowa State Athletics Department will host the second-ever Beauty and the Beast event in Hilton Coliseum, Friday, February 20. This unique event debuted in 2006 as the Cyclone gymnasts and wrestlers hosted a simultaneous gymnastics and wrestling meet."

LINK

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It's not unique, considering the idea was taken from another school (Boise State, IIRC), and has since spread to a few other places.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
B&B was done a few years ago for Nebraska.

I'm not a fan of it at all, but especially since it's for Minnesota this time.

Did you go the the Nebraska one? how was it ... is there much of an announcer in either one. I've only been to a handful of wrestling meets and never done the gymnastics thing.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Other than a handful of meets in the early 90's, I don't follow either gymnastics or wrestling all that much, so it doesn't surprise me that I haven't heard of it before.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron