Re-al Mitchell thriving as ISU's clear-cut No. 2 quarterback

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: Quarterback is now a strong position at ISU.

I don't feel like there's any area I'm considering 'weak' at ISU right now outside of the Oline needs to gain this season.

Replacements sure but I'm just confident that the new players will be decent at the least.

Can't remember when I've been more confident in ISU football than basketball for stability and I'm on the side that thinks basketball surprises next season.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Re-al is one classy guy. Proud to have him in our program. And I predict great things for him, both on the field and off.

Reactions: aauummm

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I don't feel like there's any area I'm considering 'weak' at ISU right now outside of the Oline needs to gain this season.

Replacements sure but I'm just confident that the new players will be decent at the least.

Can't remember when I've been more confident in ISU football than basketball for stability and I'm on the side that thinks basketball surprises next season.
Not since 1977! Think about that! Most on this board were not even born yet.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
This season could be like the year we had Buddy Hardeman and Wayne Stanley both playing in the backfield. Almost won the Big 8. And they crushed the hoks by 38 to 0. It's a good omen.

Reactions: Acylum and Blandboy

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This season could be like the year we had Buddy Hardeman and Wayne Stanley both playing in the backfield. Almost won the Big 8. And they crushed the hoks by 38 to 0. It's a good omen.

And like that Cyclone team who had one of the best D lines the Big 8, this year's squad is loaded up front as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Just excited to see him get a full series in the first game this year. Kid has explosive play written all over him. Just were not any opportunities for him last year, being 4th on the depth chart at the beginning of the year.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Is Re-Al going to be used strictly as a qb? At this point it sounds like it, but it’s early and he must learn the qb spot first.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Is Re-Al going to be used strictly as a qb? At this point it sounds like it, but it’s early and he must learn the qb spot first.

I think that someone on here said that he was struggling a little with accuracy last year, but it sounds like he have made a lot of strides in the off season.

Really need him at QB for this year for sure. There is no clear 3rd string QB at this point, but as far as I know a grad transfer who never really played and true freshman are the top candidates.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron