Hoiberg to Huskers

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is a new low even for you, its one thing to rip on me for my posts, but now you are making up complete fiction in an attempt to make me look bad.

I don't even post in the football section that much because Im not into football as much as basketball. I certainly never posted anything like that about Butler leaving and I've never even engaged in any discussion about the team next year without him. Nice try though.

See, this is the meltdown thing I refer to...you're entering that realm of the band that keeps popping out the hits no matter the decade. So kudos?

The post was totally sarcastic and exaggerated on some concerns brought up in threads. Clearly not picked up very well or obvious enough.

More importantly, had nothing to do with anything specific on your end whatsoevser.

Very strange behavior.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Doc's getting on in years. An assistant position with Fred at this stage would probably be pretty fun for him. ADs and University leadership changes. I'm sure for Doc it's more about Fred and a familiar destination than going back to "the place that fired me".

I know it sucks that Nebraska is the beneficiary of all this but one of the things I really loved about Fred's time at ISU was the FUN. I'll bet Doc missed it too.

You are spot on, pal. Doc is a good coach and great guy! Heck he might make as much as an asst. w/Fred than his head job pay at USM.
But seriously.... How ‘lucky’ is Nebr. tho? Geez. It’s like everything is coming up roses & we just have to smell it. The timing of everything is just so mind boggling how it all worked out in their favor. I sure don’t want to come off as jealous as those coaches are great people who all deserve to be successful. I think of it more as envious and most of all ‘hopeful’ that our program continues its success, for so many reasons and for so many people.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lineup

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You are spot on, pal. Doc is a good coach and great guy! Heck he might make as much as an asst. w/Fred than his head job pay at USM.
But seriously.... How ‘lucky’ is Nebr. tho? Geez. It’s like everything is coming up roses & we just have to smell it. The timing of everything is just so mind boggling how it all worked out in their favor. I sure don’t want to come off as jealous as those coaches are great people who all deserve to be successful. I think of it more as envious and most of all ‘hopeful’ that our program continues its success, for so many reasons and for so many people.

Did you post much during the actual Iowa state season? I don’t remember seeing posts from you.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Did you post much during the actual Iowa state season? I don’t remember seeing posts from you.

You are correct. Pretty much changed technology devices, had other business, and hardly visited the board for almost a year. This too shall pass, I guess. LOL. Love following the recruiting and yes, I’ll have to get over the ‘lucky Nebr’ takes. Carry on y’all.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Fred is getting the band back together. Doc & Lutz joining him at NU. Interesting that Doc quit his HC job for an assistant job at the school he use to be the HC at.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Try Living in western Iowa with omaha/huskers news coverage out of control. Central Iowa coverage will be bad as well but this hire also helps football recruiting. Bill Moos has made two amazing hires of two of the hottest names in their sports. Someone said something about Frost being at the press conference. Dont the other coaches usually come and support the new hire if they can. Imagine what exciting basketball will do for Nebraska football recruiting. It will be huge for Frost and company if they get some excitement from the basketball program and same for basketball when Frost gets it rolling. Frost and Fred will be a two headed recruiting and winning machine in Lincoln. I'm ecstatic with Campbell and Prohm but Frost and Fred will be recruiting the same players. Nebraska has already taken some of our good football recruits as their fall back options. This is why it stings so much more it will make ISU coaches jobs much more difficult.
Not sure I agree that our good recruits are Nebby fall back options. Maybe once, but I do not see it now. Maybe as a clone fan you need s little more self esteem.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I haven't read thru but was thinking about Fred's #1 asset which is identifying talent that other coaches pass over. When Hoiberg was at ISU for five years here are the players that he recruited or coached that signed pro contracts: Chris Babb, Ejim, Garrett, McGee, White, Long, Niang, Nader, Morris, Kane, B D-Jones, Burton. Did these off memory and not sure about Matt Thomas and Jameel McKay although I think Thomas may have signed a contract. Dustin Hogue was another talent he found. Marquette provided Christopherson, McKay and Burton. Looking forward to watch him bring in talent at Nebby,,,,,,DeAndre Kane was a player that came out of nowhere, what a talented find. I am sure I have missed some, possibly the players that transferred out.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lineup

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Is Bobby Lutz seriously going to Nebraska to be on Fred's staff? I saw that mentioned above.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Fred and Matt are working hard on getting the band back together.

Iw2dhhf.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron