Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They call me a troll and can’t bring on an intelligent conversation.
This is why people call you a troll:
The fact that you take time out of your day for that is hilarious. Jamie is that you? 11 years posting every day. No wonder you’re a loser and your wife divorced you.
Exactly my point. No wonder you post on here so often. How is collecting unemployment?
Lol man you’re such a tool. I bet you live off tips don’t you. Smart people like to know costs associated before they head in blind. I guess that’s why your wife left you a few years ago because of your gambling habit when you didn’t have any money to gamble.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Prove to me I made multiple accounts. I got banned for 2-3 days because people don’t agree with what I say. They call me a troll and can’t bring on an intelligent conversation.

Well to bring intelligent conversation, you should try and add something intelligent. Given some of your posts that were just quoted, you’ve failed in that regard.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones01

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It is all revisionist history on this board. I predicted before the season that Iowa would make the tourney. I was almost laughed off this board. Glad I stuck around.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Iowa makes the tournament this year. That is my bold 1976esque prediction.

That's pretty optimistic for the amount of talent you guys have

I would agree. I'm all in this year cause I feel I have to be. This is all or nothing for Fran.

That sounds like a bad idea plus Fran isn't getting fired no matter what after this year

I've had worse ideas trust me.

Is this the post you're referring to? If so, you really weren't laughed at. Other than you not knowing Iowa was playing 20 conference games. I'm not sure how much you believed in it.

Reading through your posts and the next 20 or so posts doesn't feel like you were nearly laughed off the board. Some serious revisionist history here. Maybe there is another post that you were thinking about.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Time to trash this thread? I vote yes.

There’s so much hok anger and aggression in here. Can you imagine if CF didn’t exist? We’d have hok fans driving to Ankeny to yell at people wearing Cyclone gear as they walk in to Hy Vee and Fareway. Instead of guys holding signs in the median that say “Homeless vet please help” we’d have hok fans in their Wal Mart Wear holding signs that say “Honk if you love JBo, don’t honk if you love Nick Baer”

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
There’s so much hok anger and aggression in here. Can you imagine if CF didn’t exist? We’d have hok fans driving to Ankeny to yell at people wearing Cyclone gear as they walk in to Hy Vee and Fareway. Instead of guys holding signs in the median that say “Homeless vet please help” we’d have hok fans in their Wal Mart Wear holding signs that say “Honk if you love JBo, don’t honk if you love Nick Baer”

That’s quite the dilemma.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I will. I was spot on with pretty much all of my predictions last season, so I’m sure I’ll be right about most of them this season too.
Hey, did you every see this post from Althawk?
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...read-still-going.213718/page-446#post-5612295
You're right in that Jok is not used to being defended like he will be in the NBA. That's because if he was defended in the NBA the way he is in college, the defender would be fouled out in about 30 seconds. The freedom of movement players are allowed in the NBA, plus the improved spacing, will make things a lot easier for Jok in the NBA than he ever had it at Iowa.

I’m glad you can predict better than that bozo.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
This is really dumb. Iowa also lost three games they easily could have/should have won. In the end it all evens out.
They also got drilled by Purdue, Michigan, MSU 2x, Ohio State, Wisconsin...as well as losing to Nebraska and Rutgers. IA was competitively a lot closer to the bottom half of the league than they were the top. Oh, I know- 98-84 and they beat Michigan at home- hang your hats on those two wins if you want. Reality is, no big wins anywhere but on Hawkins Drive and a lot of shellackings vs. good teams. And, an escape against dog.... Bryant- what does that one even out with?

Reactions: Texbudman

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
They also got drilled by Purdue, Michigan, MSU 2x, Ohio State, Wisconsin...as well as losing to Nebraska and Rutgers. IA was competitively a lot closer to the bottom half of the league than they were the top. Oh, I know- 98-84 and they beat Michigan at home- hang your hats on those two wins if you want. Reality is, no big wins anywhere but on Hawkins Drive and a lot of shellackings vs. good teams. And, an escape against dog.... Bryant- what does that one even out with?
.....and the cyclones get blown out by WVU, TCU at Hilton, get blown out by the Hawks. Lose to a bad Arizona team in Maui...Face plant in the NCAA’s to 8-12 8th place B1G team.

What’s your point?

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
.....and the cyclones get blown out by WVU, TCU at Hilton, get blown out by the Hawks. Lose to a bad Arizona team in Maui...Face plant in the NCAA’s to 8-12 8th place B1G team.

What’s your point?
My point is any team in the country could say they lost a few close games that they should have won- ISU was NOT very good on some nights and I have no problem admitting that nor am I trying to say we could have been 27-8. The fact that IA got blasted more times than not when they played a good team points to them being the "best of the rest" in the Big 10. I'm not the buster on a rivals board trying to justify squeezing wins out against Northwestern and Rutgers by saying we could have stole a few more. Just about everybody's record ends up being about where it should be. Iowa had a good year- not great- good. Ask yourself this- are you where you were in 1999 when you ran out a guy who made 9 out of 13 NCAA's, two Sweet 16's, and an Elite 8, all while representing your program with class? 20 years and 3 coaches later and, if Hawk fans are honest, the grass hasn't been greener.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and GTO

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hey, did you every see this post from Althawk?
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...read-still-going.213718/page-446#post-5612295
You're right in that Jok is not used to being defended like he will be in the NBA. That's because if he was defended in the NBA the way he is in college, the defender would be fouled out in about 30 seconds. The freedom of movement players are allowed in the NBA, plus the improved spacing, will make things a lot easier for Jok in the NBA than he ever had it at Iowa.

I’m glad you can predict better than that bozo.
Dear God Althawk:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...read-still-going.213718/page-444#post-5612159
Jok should have a pretty good shot at sticking with an NBA team. Much better chance than any player from Iowa or Iowa State the last couple years (Niang, Uthoff, Morris, etc.).
@benjimill since you hit "funny" on those statements by Althawk, I'm sure you'll agree with this:
They are typically funny to me because of how stupid they are.

• Agree
Reactions: benjimill

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

What’s your point?
TCU just finished up their season a game away from the playing for the National Championship.