Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Iowa will be miles better than Iowa State next year unless Iowa State adds an impact grad transfer. Iowa will have the same type of season they did this year (20-24 wins), while Iowa State will be one of the worst teams in the Big XII.

keep the predictions coming.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I will. I was spot on with pretty much all of my predictions last season, so I’m sure I’ll be right about most of them this season too.

It is all revisionist history on this board. I predicted before the season that Iowa would make the tourney. I was almost laughed off this board. Glad I stuck around.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It is all revisionist history on this board. I predicted before the season that Iowa would make the tourney. I was almost laughed off this board. Glad I stuck around.
You're talking to a revisionist poster.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Lol I guess I wouldn’t be patting myself on the back on that one since Iowa almost did play themselves out of the tournament

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

I'm going to look at your posts. I'm going to guess "almost laughed off the board" will be 4 or 5 posters disagreeing with you.

Reactions: GTO

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Lol I guess I wouldn’t be patting myself on the back on that one since Iowa almost did play themselves out of the tournament

Oh I'm going to. Most thought Iowa would win below 15 games again this year since they basically had the same roster with the addition of Wieskamp. I made a bold prediction and stuck with it.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
You realize Kriener and Pemsl suck right? To compare if ISU has to start Terrence Lewis we're equally in trouble and Lewis is probably better than both of them

I don't think Kriener sucks, but I do think Iowa fans are fooling themselves a bit in looking at what a guy like Kriener produced and think that it's better than the current unknown ISU faces with one of its wings, which might be Lewis or Griffin (though he's probably more of a small ball 4). Kriener's played 1000 minutes of college basketball so odds are he is what he is at this point. I also think it's possible that if one of ISU's non-rotation guys like TLewis or Griffin got 15 mpg consistently from game one like Kriener, they could probably put up 5 and 3 also.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018

Yup, I predicted Iowa would win 22 games and would probably make the tournament, and said that I would rather have Wieskamp than THT. The hive mind here gave me the same reaction they gave you. The obsession and hatred for Iowa over here is so deep that I think it prevents them from forming rational thoughts and opinions. It’s quite the phenomenon.