Dixon to UCLA

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU's lack of success in the tournament is related to the fact that they get coddled by the officials all year and can't handle adversity when the refs don't bail them out.
I think there are maybe 2 or 3 teams in the nation with more tourney wins in the last 10 years than Kansas.

But cool story.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dixon is a wildly overrated coach. I can’t believe this years team couldn’t make the tourney. Don’t assume TCU takes a big drop after he leaves.

He rides the refs like Self, Izzo, Webber, Drew, Floyd and LE did. Something our last two coaches refuse to do. It definitely works.

Not saying I want Mad Fran but I want a coach who will fight for his players when officials are clearly hijacking a game.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyputz

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
And for now at least, Dixon staying at TCU due to large buyout.
Feel free to provide a real source and not some clown who think said Calipari would fill the opening at TCU.

He also said that "sources" claim that Nevada coach Eric Musselman will only take the Arkansas job if they build an In N Out Burger in Fayetteville so...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
KU's lack of success in the tournament is related to the fact that they get coddled by the officials all year and can't handle adversity when the refs don't bail them out.
Eh, they made a final four last year and an elite eight the year before. Surprisingly enough, KU right now has the longest winning streak in the first round of the tournament.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Wanna end up like the Pac-12 and get one or two teams in the NCAA tourney every year? Then fill your conference with crappy coaches. I never understand why people celebrate when the Big 12 loses good coaches. Beating crappy teams accomplishes nothing; nobody is impressed.

Because there are what 90 loses that get spread around regardless of how many Hall of Fame coaches there are in the league.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was hoping this would happen. Now get Beard to UT and all would be right in the Big XII. I would rather UT be strong and TCU and TT be down. Gives the conference better stability or at the minimum perception is better.

In FB I would agree with you. In BB the south don't care. Only game the Horns draw for is KU.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Alford had three sweet 16's at UCLA, but prior to that he couldn't get past the round of 32. It's also MUCH easier to have success at a blue blood school like UCLA that basically sells itself, as opposed to TCU that has zero basketball history.

Well they are in the "Conference of Champions"

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I vote for Bryce Drew. Can never have enough Drew's coaching in the Big12.
Drew is a pretty good recruiter. He got a couple 4 and 5 stars to Vandy. I think they could do worse even though he went 0fer in conference this season. His coaching is up for debate but he'd be able to get guys to TCU.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Entertaining/informative message board over at TCU. (pretty creative "froggy" names) Also detailed explanations about contracts/ buyouts.

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/uhhh-dixon-to-ucla-rumor-news.219322

"Is it just me or is this whole thing a self licking ice cream cone based on one fanboys unsourced unsubstantiated tweet? In other words journalism in 2019."

"This guy just finished securing his box seats for the rodeo. Relax, LawFrog... this keyboard warrior will have an up front view of the grand champion steer getting his balls twisted around each other before they send him out of the gates!"

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron