I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Do people remember all the final 4 teams a year later? I can't name all 4 from last year. Why does it matter what fans of other teams remember about your team anyway? I know if Iowa State won the conference this year, we would remember it for a looong time. We still talk about the 2000 and 2001 titles.
This. Everyone down here said the season was an overwhelming success (before the tournament even started) after K-State hoisted the B12 trophy. This was never going to be a deep run team in the dance given the injury situation. And it's ironic that as much time as I find here humoring Cy that it was ISU's loses that ultimately cost K-State two outright championships.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This. Everyone down here said the season was an overwhelming success before the tournament even started after they hoisted the B12 trophy. This was never going to be a deep run team in the dance given the injury situation. And it's ironic that as much time as I find here humoring Cy that it was ISU's loses that ultimately cost K-State two outright championships.
Stokes was a Senior, Snead was a Junior, Brown was a Senior, and Diarra and Mawien are definitely serviceable Sophomores. (Notice I'm not including Wade)
I think most realistic people expected more.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Stokes was a Senior, Snead was a Junior, Brown was a Senior, and Diarra and Mawien are definitely serviceable Sophomores. (Notice I'm not including Wade)
I didn't. I saw a team that was mentally and physically wasted and without their star. When Wade went down, I could tell the fanbase mojo was gone and suspected the team's as well. Diarra was coming off injury. Barry Brown was pretty ordinary down the stretch. Then Dean. They were shot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't. I saw a team that was mentally and physically wasted and without their star. When Wade went down, I could tell the fanbase mojo was gone and suspected the team's as well. Diarra was coming off injury. Barry Brown was pretty ordinary down the stretch. Then Dean. They were shot.
Your fan base and team mojo was gone once Wade went down? KState played ISU hard in KC and it was a coin flip game.
I was bummed when Georges broke his foot in the NCAA but I don't think that drug me or the team down.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
They did win the Big 12. NCAA tournament results are a crap-shoot. They got upset while missing their best or 2nd best player. It happens. If you base the success of a season on just the NCAA tournament, then obviously Kstate underachieved. If you base it on the entire season, I don't know how anyone could say they underachieved, especially playing without Wade half the year.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They did win the Big 12. NCAA tournament results are a crap-shoot. They got upset while missing their best or 2nd best player. It happens. If you base the success of a season on just the NCAA tournament, then obviously Kstate underachieved. If you base it on the entire season, I don't know how anyone could say they underachieved, especially playing without Wade half the year.
KState had a successful regular season. I'm saying that I'd take a Final Four banner over a regular season conference championship every day of the week.
This year for sure I'd also trade the B12 tournament for a Sweet 16 birth.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
KState had a successful regular season. I'm saying that I'd take a Final Four banner over a regular season conference championship every day of the week.
This year for sure I'd also trade the B12 tournament for a Sweet 16 birth.
Well again, who wouldn't?

If we had tie-breakers for the conference championship, TxT would have come in second. But they certainly would trade their B12 banner for one with F4 on it.

Their battle with Sparty should be epic. I'm still amazed Tech made it this far. But you should see my brackets. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I basically thought that top to bottom the Big 12 was pretty solid but it just didn't have the really good team(s), like a KU most years, that really seemed like a final 4 team. I'll be rooting hard for TTU to carry the banner for the Big 12 and I think Beard seems like a good guy.
Looks like TTU proved me wrong. The B12 did have a final 4 team this year. Congrats to them and good luck.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So, what's next year hold? ISU might be favored if Adidas U doesn't pick it up on the recruiting trail. BU has a ton back. Likewise, TxT loses a ton. WVU seems in free-fall. OU and oSu have good recruiting classes headed to the red dirt. Texas has Shaka. Under Jamie, TCU seems "meh" every year. K-State will be in rebuild mode.

1. ISU
  2. Ku
  3. BU
  4. TCU
  5. K-State
  6. TxT
  7. Texas
  8. oSu
  9. OU
  10. WVU

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
So, what's next year hold? ISU might be favored if Adidas U doesn't pick it up on the recruiting trail. BU has a ton back. Likewise, TxT loses a ton. WVU seems in free-fall. OU and oSu have good recruiting classes headed to the red dirt. Texas has Shaka. Under Jamie, TCU seems "meh" every year. K-State will be in rebuild mode.

1. ISU
  2. Ku
  3. BU
  4. TCU
  5. K-State
  6. TxT
  7. Texas
  8. oSu
  9. OU
  10. WVU
Baylor and KU will be very good. ISU really depends on who leaves. WVU will be good, Texas will probably be a bubble team cus Shaka, TCU returns a few solid guys. Who knows with OSU, should improve. OU and KSU lose a ton and will lack star power. Tech loses a ton but Beard will have them in the top half.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Lots of talk down here about Sneed leaving. I guess the family has told some people close to him that it's likely. That will kill K-State. They'll be really young.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
He'll be pretty sought after on the transfer market even as a sit 1 play 1. He's originally from St Louis right? Wonder where he wants to go
You're wasting your time. I think he's implying he's going to enter the draft, but afraid to say it so we don't make fun of him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron