I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Kansas had a bunch of great non-con wins (Mich St, Marquette, Wofford, New Mexico St, Tenn, oh and Villanvova). But after an injury and getting beat up in league play they end up with a 4 seed.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Like it or not, how people perceive the conferences does affect how things end up playing out in terms of # of teams in and seeding. They of course look at metrics as well, but when ESPN bangs a message into everyone's heads enough all season, there's no way that isnt also in the heads of the selection committee.

Given how tough the big 12 is and what that tends to do to the W-L records of teams in the big 12, we need that positive perception in place to offset the records.
Three different Big 12 teams have now made the Final Four in the last 4 years. Oklahoma in 16, Kansas in 18 and now Texas Tech in 19.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Great win by TxT over Zags, who I always feel suffer from playing in that league. TxT's guards were the determining factor. That #13 for the Jesuits is a headcase.

The Purdue game was absolutely amazing. Too bad they lost on Cline's missed 'free' throw. UVA's year, maybe.

Reactions: KillBilly

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Some truth to that, R44. Ending the streak and hanging that B12 banner was the primary goal, I believe.
Primary goal... LOL. No one is going to even remember KSU was a part of that by the end of this calendar year. Good job!

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Only the Big 10 and Big 12 have had teams in the FF the last two years. This FF is as wide open as any I can remember. Texas Tech could win it all. They are healthy, have an early lotto pick and can really defend. It would go a long ways for the conference if they won it.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Primary goal... LOL. No one is going to even remember KSU was a part of that by the end of this calendar year. Good job!
Do people remember all the final 4 teams a year later? I can't name all 4 from last year. Why does it matter what fans of other teams remember about your team anyway? I know if Iowa State won the conference this year, we would remember it for a looong time. We still talk about the 2000 and 2001 titles.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do people remember all the final 4 teams a year later? I can't name all 4 from last year.
I know I do.
A few things that definitely stick out to me was KU getting to play in Kansas and then Omaha before the Final Four, Beilein making another one, Sister Jean, and Nova winning it all again.

Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron