I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Look for Michigan to beat TxT taking the B12 out completely. I was surprised that ISU didn't get by the first weekend but consistency has been an issue, hasn't it. Ku lost to the FBI and injuries. K-State without Dean Wade was an average team. OU and BU were not tournament worthy. Thankfully, TCU and Texas went to the NIT. Maybe one of them will win that. At least the streak is dead.
You're such a Debbie Downer... Screenshot_20190329-204536_Facebook.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Weber has 2 all-conference first teamers (Brown and Wade) and 4 all-conference academics this year. In 7 years at K-State, Weber's won two B12 championships and been to the E8. The results speak for themselves.

As for Dean Wade, he had offers from Iowa, OU, TCU, Vandy, many others, and was a top 150 recruit. He committed early to K-State. The incoming 2019 class includes Chicago's POY.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/dean-wade-7173#school-interests

There's no question that Weber develops talent. And no, I don't expect another B12 championship this coming season but neither will the EMAWs fall off the table.
And in those 7 years, the Elite 8 year was the only year where Bruce had a tournament victory. The Kentucky win was nice, the other two were very meh.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Beard has like a $12 million buyout right now. It would take someone real serious to pull him immediately.

Also, it seems surly is a little surly that the Big 12 regular season championship was shared.

They were talking about this on the Big 12 radio network last week, Beard's buyout is $12 million, Smarts buyout is $15 million, so Texas would be on the hook for $27 million just in buyouts for the two coaches. Then they would have to pay Beard they figured around $3.5 to 4 million a year.

Texas has a lot of money, but $27 million is a lot of money to just make a change, and they did not think that Texas would be willing to spend that much this year.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Still waiting on surly to eat crow on Texas Tech
giphy.gif

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I feel like I am in the minority, but I hope I am not. I hate the way every post season gets turned into a Conference thing. imo the NCAA tournament is such a crap shoot that it doesn't truly represent the "best conference" based on who has the most teams standing the latest. Bowl season, I could be convinced, but I just have never understood it in basketball. I base success in the tournament on the draw and the way the team had been playing leading up to it.

I always go back to the Virginia fan who was chanting SEC at me in Chicago during the sweet sixteen. His favorite team was about to go to the Elite Eight and he was preoccupied with telling people that their conference was the best... I asked (drunkenly mad) him why he was chanting that because it had nothing to do with the game we were watching and his buddy sitting next to him said "Good Point," somewhat joking somewhat making fun of his friend.. idk, I don't get it, never have and probably never will.
Once the NCAA tourney starts there is no such thing as conferences to me. I don't know why people get so hung up on it. I'm an ISU fan. I don't live vicariously through anyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone and Doc

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Once the NCAA tourney starts there is no such thing as conferences to me. I don't know why people get so hung up on it. I'm an ISU fan. I don't live vicariously through anyone else.

Like it or not, how people perceive the conferences does affect how things end up playing out in terms of # of teams in and seeding. They of course look at metrics as well, but when ESPN bangs a message into everyone's heads enough all season, there's no way that isnt also in the heads of the selection committee.

Given how tough the big 12 is and what that tends to do to the W-L records of teams in the big 12, we need that positive perception in place to offset the records.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Texas Tech to the Final Four. Awesome.

Yes, what a tournament they are having. I absolutely love how well they 'help' on defense and anticipate to cover the next pass/open guy. I hope our guys were watching how they help. Our players often seemed to fake jab vs. commit to help or couldn't anticipate the next pass and rotate very well. Thus we didn't either stop the dribbler or have to rush out on a close out anyway. Looking forward to our returning core more experienced on defense.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Like it or not, how people perceive the conferences does affect how things end up playing out in terms of # of teams in and seeding. They of course look at metrics as well, but when ESPN bangs a message into everyone's heads enough all season, there's no way that isnt also in the heads of the selection committee.

Given how tough the big 12 is and what that tends to do to the W-L records of teams in the big 12, we need that positive perception in place to offset the records.
Yep, plus the monetary gain.
You’ve got to be pretty dense to not understand.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

The depth of the conference and the round robin schedule just kills us. Yes, the ACC has great top tier teams but they have awful bottom level teams. Then combine the fact that most of the top teams only played each other one time leading to some meeting in the tourny. The round robin might be nice for settling the conference winner but it sucks for our perception and seeding in the NCAA tournament. Just ask TCU who might as well be NIT kings.

• Disagree
Reactions: IASTATE07