I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I watched some of those NIT games. They've actually been pretty entertaining because some are well-matched games like NC State v. Lipscomb last night which was a barnburner.

But Texas, my gosh. They beat CU because Buffs' suckage runs deeper than the sea. Shaka has 6'9" 250# Dylan Osetkowski wandering around beyond the 3-point line like a shooting guard all night long rather than playing a hi/lo game with his bigs. Smart's offense is just putrid given the talent on that squad.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: twojman

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Look for Michigan to beat TxT taking the B12 out completely. I was surprised that ISU didn't get by the first weekend but consistency has been an issue, hasn't it. Ku lost to the FBI and injuries. K-State without Dean Wade was an average team. OU and BU were not tournament worthy. Thankfully, TCU and Texas went to the NIT. Maybe one of them will win that. At least the streak is dead.

Nope, the opposite. TxT's skinny big isn't going to match the strength of Michigan inside.

That means TxT was the outlier because the conference overall never made it out of the first weekend, not a single member. But that's not happening anyway, rhetorical as it may be.

LOL. TxT will get owned by the Wolves.

Maybe next time listen to those with better basketball knowledge.

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
Look for Michigan to beat TxT taking the B12 out completely. I was surprised that ISU didn't get by the first weekend but consistency has been an issue, hasn't it. Ku lost to the FBI and injuries. K-State without Dean Wade was an average team. OU and BU were not tournament worthy. Thankfully, TCU and Texas went to the NIT. Maybe one of them will win that. At least the streak is dead.
Whew! That's three ass-whoopings by Tech in the tournament. Did you see the Michigan game? Tech won by a lot of points. Maybe you should apologize for your nastiness. That's right...apologize.
upload_2019-3-29_0-18-17.jpeg

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Beard has like a $12 million buyout right now. It would take someone real serious to pull him immediately.

Also, it seems surly is a little surly that the Big 12 regular season championship was shared.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Every year it's the same wash, rinse, repeat here. Weber can't recruit. Weber can't coach.

Hey, did you guys hear Wes Iwundu will never get drafted and if he does, he'll never make an NBA roster? And Dean Wade will never make all-conference either, did you hear that halfway through the season? Or how about, Weber can't coach or recruit? I mean you guys are so predictable.

And Stokes was not one of K-State three best players. Xavier Sneed! And it wasn't close.

Okay, it's time for the "You alone make me hate K-State" post. That's typically the ending argument for the deepest thinkers here. :p
Actually to be honest from a pure basketball standpoint....Weber cant recruit very well you should know this. Is he good at finding diamonds in the rough and coaching them up? Yes....Hes also had his share of below average teams and there is a reason he got fired at Illinois. Wade it was very obvious when he was a freshman that he was over looked in recruiting and would be a nice 4 year player. The same couldn't be said about Brown and Stokes but Weber did a nice job with them. What everyone else is saying though is pretty accurate considering you will now have a 2 year drop off "probably" until the new class has time to develop because Diarra, McGuirl and Sneed are not on the level of the 3 just mentioned. KSU will be last 4 in or first 4 out next year....IMO.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Let's put it this way, I don't see K-State falling off the table like WVU did this year after losing their stud guards. Diarra and Sneed are two quality quards. And in college, guards rule. Mawien is a capable center. How Weber fills in around them will be key to K-State being in the B12's top half.

But none of us know what rosters will look like next season, nor how good the incoming classes will be. Who leaves early for the NBA? Lard has already left Ames. A big loss. Ku could be on probation (likely). Beard, Dixon, Shaka all could be gone (I doubt it). We just don't know enough yet.
Lard isn't as big of a loss as some think. Now if ISU lost Wigginton and/or THT....then we'd be in trouble.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Beard has done one hell of a job in his short time there. Rooting for them to make it to the Final Four. Would like to see another Duke Tech matchup. But another Duke Zags wouldn't be bad either.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Actually to be honest from a pure basketball standpoint....Weber cant recruit very well you should know this. Is he good at finding diamonds in the rough and coaching them up? Yes....Hes also had his share of below average teams and there is a reason he got fired at Illinois. Wade it was very obvious when he was a freshman that he was over looked in recruiting and would be a nice 4 year player. The same couldn't be said about Brown and Stokes but Weber did a nice job with them. What everyone else is saying though is pretty accurate considering you will now have a 2 year drop off "probably" until the new class has time to develop because Diarra, McGuirl and Sneed are not on the level of the 3 just mentioned. KSU will be last 4 in or first 4 out next year....IMO.

Weber has 2 all-conference first teamers (Brown and Wade) and 4 all-conference academics this year. In 7 years at K-State, Weber's won two B12 championships and been to the E8. The results speak for themselves.

As for Dean Wade, he had offers from Iowa, OU, TCU, Vandy, many others, and was a top 150 recruit. He committed early to K-State. The incoming 2019 class includes Chicago's POY.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/dean-wade-7173#school-interests

There's no question that Weber develops talent. And no, I don't expect another B12 championship this coming season but neither will the EMAWs fall off the table.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Weber has 2 all-conference first teamers (Brown and Wade) and 4 all-conference academics this year. In 7 years at K-State, Weber's won two B12 championships and been to the E8. The results speak for themselves.

As for Dean Wade, he had offers from Iowa, OU, TCU, Vandy, many others, and was a top 150 recruit. He committed early to K-State. The incoming 2019 class includes Chicago's POY.

There's no question that Weber develops talent. And no, I don't expect another B12 championship this coming season nor will the EMAWs fall off the table.
Dang, good for Gordon, that's impressive. I had no idea Terrence Shannon moved out of the city for IMG. Surprised how few top-tier recruits there are in the city of chicago this year, in general looking through that list. Always forget EJ Liddell is in East St. Louis also, now that we are out on him.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Beard has like a $12 million buyout right now. It would take someone real serious to pull him immediately.

Also, it seems surly is a little surly that the Big 12 regular season championship was shared.
$12M isn't insurmountable though...steep...a handful of teams could stomach that.

What will be fascinating will be the off season with transfers and grads...you can become a contender with just a couple of smart moves...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
$12M isn't insurmountable though...steep...a handful of teams could stomach that.

What will be fascinating will be the off season with transfers and grads...you can become a contender with just a couple of smart moves...
I think Texas is going to cross its fingers for one more year with Smart. He is owed a lot of money still so combining that with Beard's buyout is a huge chunk of change and that' is before you even start paying Beard.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone and aobie

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Still waiting for surly to eat crow about his Texas Tech prediction
giphy.gif

Mu9yfMBo9i9sEGCt5

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I feel like I am in the minority, but I hope I am not. I hate the way every post season gets turned into a Conference thing. imo the NCAA tournament is such a crap shoot that it doesn't truly represent the "best conference" based on who has the most teams standing the latest. Bowl season, I could be convinced, but I just have never understood it in basketball. I base success in the tournament on the draw and the way the team had been playing leading up to it.

I always go back to the Virginia fan who was chanting SEC at me in Chicago during the sweet sixteen. His favorite team was about to go to the Elite Eight and he was preoccupied with telling people that their conference was the best... I asked (drunkenly mad) him why he was chanting that because it had nothing to do with the game we were watching and his buddy sitting next to him said "Good Point," somewhat joking somewhat making fun of his friend.. idk, I don't get it, never have and probably never will.