MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think the first 20 games will tell the story. If they get off to a bad start, after the sting of making no real attempt in free agency, this thing will get ugly.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My predictions:

AL East: Yankess (Best Record)
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Astros
AL Wild Card: Red Sox
AL Wild Card: Rays

NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers (Best Record)
NL Wild Card: Phillies
NL Wild Card: Cardinals

AL Wild Card: Red Sox over Rays
NL Wild Card: Phillies over Cardinals

ALCS: Yankees over Astros
NLCS: Cubs over Dodgers

World Series: Cubs over Yankees

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The Brewers have been winning above their potential the past couple of years. I seem them coming back down to where they really belong (probably biased). The Cardinals have a lot of hitting potential with MASSIVE questions in their starting rotation. Cubs really just need to be more healthy and get either Schwarber or Bryant to compliment Rizzo in the lineup with Baez most likely coming back to reality.

The Central may not have the best teams. But will be one of or the most balanced in the entire league. I'd be shocked if 2 teams won over 95 games like last year.

My projection is:

1 - Cubs (94-68)
2 - Cards (89-73)
3 - Brewers (87-75)
4/5 - Reds and Pirates somewhere between 60-72 wins each

NL playoff teams - Braves (East), Cubs (Central), Cards (WC-2), Dodgers (West), and Rockies (WC-1)

• Funny
Reactions: ISU50266

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm pretty cautious right now about the Cubs prospects this season. Kind of going in with low expectations and hoping they prove me wrong. Seems like there is big range between the ceiling and floor of this roster with how it is constructed. They basically did nothing in free agency or trade market while just about everyone in the division made big moves to improve their teams.

Other than hiring some new coaches this is the same team that never could put much of a streak together last year and went hot and cold on a given day. Hopefully some better health with key players like Bryant and Darvish and a rebound year from Schwarber make a difference but I'm not holding my breath given how the last 2 seasons have gone.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Im going with 84 wins and just miss the playoffs. Im not convinced Darvish will stay healthy all season and I think he's the key to this team winning the division or being left out. Im really concerned about this pitching staff, and we've gotten progressively worse every year since 2016.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm pretty cautious right now about the Cubs prospects this season. Kind of going in with low expectations and hoping they prove me wrong. Seems like there is big range between the ceiling and floor of this roster with how it is constructed. They basically did nothing in free agency or trade market while just about everyone in the division made big moves to improve their teams.

Other than hiring some new coaches this is the same team that never could put much of a streak together last year and went hot and cold on a given day. Hopefully some better health with key players like Bryant and Darvish and a rebound year from Schwarber make a difference but I'm not holding my breath given how the last 2 seasons have gone.

You'l panic all year regardless.

**** caution. Go Cubs Go!

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Im going with 84 wins and just miss the playoffs. Im not convinced Darvish will stay healthy all season and I think he's the key to this team winning the division or being left out. Im really concerned about this pitching staff, and we've gotten progressively worse every year since 2016.

My buddy just texted me and asked my prediction for the year. First thing I said "Darvish will start 3 games before getting hurt again."

I don't know that he is the key. I think we will hit better this year and I really like Loretta as the bench coach.

If we miss the playoffs, or even if we make them, there is a good chance Girardi is in the dugout next year.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Even though I'm not a Cubs fan I do like to watch them. I'm going to go with a 3rd place finish though.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Cubs offense has picked up right where it left off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron