WBB: Carleton has a shot at being ISU's all-time leading scorer

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For her size and stealth athleticism- the blocks and steals stats might be most amazing. While one might say ISU has not dominated in those stats, it's still remarkable. Those stats come from scouting, positioning, and going after it in smart ways.

I think it's those all around stats that make her a legit candidate to stick on a WNBA roster.

• Agree
Reactions: cydney

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Updated post after the depressing NCAA second round game. Stats are unfortunately final.

Result: #2 all-time behind Welle at 2149

Rebounds
Final total: 863
Result: #7 all-time between Jayme Olson (872) and Tracy Gahan (823). #1 is Welle with 1209.

Assists
Final total: 349
Result: #10 all-time between Tracy Eckert (390) and Megan Taylor (337). #1 is Nikki Moody with 745.

Steals
Final total: 211
Result: #3 all-time between Jane Lobenstein (215) and Heather Ezell (201). #1 is Tracy Horvath with 233.

Blocks
Final total: 124
Result: #3 all-time between Angie Welle (155) and Brittany Wilkins (102). #1 is Nicky Wieben with 198.

Scoring Average
Final average: 17.27
Result: #1 all-time ahead of Stephannie Smith (16.67) and Angie Welle (16.28).

Rebound Average
Final average: 6.960
Result: #11 all-time between Janel Grimm (7.070) and Gileen Gleason (6.926).

(Thanks to VeloClone for the complete rebounds-per-game standings)

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Just needed to win last night...ugh. Still hell of a career.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Remember when Carleton took the elbow in the jaw at that violent tourney in the gulf, and had to come back with a wired jaw? I will never forget that, she is one tough cookie.

Reactions: runbikeswim

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
What is really sad is she would have had the record had she not missed games as a freshman after getting hurt in a loss to Duke in Cancun. She missed two or three games that season.

Just another reason why I don't like Duke.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
What is really sad is she would have had the record had she not missed games as a freshman after getting hurt in a loss to Duke in Cancun. She missed two or three games that season.

Just another reason why I don't like Duke.
I think we are thinking of the same fiasco. From what I saw in that tourney, the refs were there for decoration, not to control the game.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Sounds like this weekend.
I thought the same about the men's tourney game. I used to respect the refereeing in the NCAA tourney, I wonder what has changed.

I have to admit, because of my strange situation in cable, I haven't watched the game yet, I haven't figured out a streaming package that suits me either. It has been driving me crazy all winter and I live too far away to attend games. I am going to check out youtube tv, that sounds like it might be a viable option. Imagine me agonizing, trying to watch espn and screwing around with various streaming options which keep coming to dead ends. That has been my winter.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Remember when Carleton took the elbow in the jaw at that violent tourney in the gulf, and had to come back with a wired jaw? I will never forget that, she is one tough cookie.
That happened right in front of us at that Duke game in Cancun. The two Blue Devil girls involved hi-fived each other and walked away after Bridget went to the floor. There was blood on the court from her mouth. Absolute truth. Their behavior was disgusting. Didn't have a strong opinion about them prior to that, but have hated Duke ever since.

Reactions: mitten1975

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
That happened right in front of us at that Duke game in Cancun. The two Blue Devil girls involved hi-fived each other and walked away after Bridget went to the floor. There was blood on the court from her mouth. Absolute truth. Their behavior was disgusting. Didn't have a strong opinion about them prior to that, but have hated Duke ever since.
The incident got on youtube or something because I saw it. I think I saw some game online, maybe that game. Sometimes I wonder at the stuff they let go on. I have been a huge Bridget fan ever since because to me that shows her courage.

Reactions: Buster28

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I don't have a problem with how physical Baylor plays. However, I think MSU wasn't near as clean as some of the elite physical teams, and the refs are simply not going to call a lot stuff in the tournament. I also noticed that we had the same under basket referee, blond with tight pony tail, for both games, and it was the referee that even in our blow out win on Saturday, BF was livid at the whole game.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
It's an interesting conundrum for a coach...coach a team to play the game within the rules and risk losing to teams that don't (and have officials that use a different rulebook)...or coach a team to push the rules to an extent that it becomes an accepted action. Bill coaches a team to play within the rules...and I appreciate it. The issue here are officials that view the physical play as an accepted part of the game.

Need an example...see West Virginia on the men's side.

All this being said...what a season and career by Bridget...one of the best (if not the best) players in ISU history.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I don't have a problem with how physical Baylor plays. However, I think MSU wasn't near as clean as some of the elite physical teams, and the refs are simply not going to call a lot stuff in the tournament. I also noticed that we had the same under basket referee, blond with tight pony tail, for both games, and it was the referee that even in our blow out win on Saturday, BF was livid at the whole game.

Two of the official on Monday also did the poor job on our Saturday game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron