I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Will the conference be any better next year? KSU and Tech will lose a lot, Kansas should have a lot coming back. The rest should be around where they are now.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Will the conference be any better next year? KSU and Tech will lose a lot, Kansas should have a lot coming back. The rest should be around where they are now.

Yeah, KSU and Tech will take a step back. Texas loses Roach and Hayes but returns a lot. Baylor returns all but Mason so I think they will take a step forward. TCU loses Robinson and Miller I can see them being about the same, NIT level/bubble team. WVU should be improved. I think OSU will be improved.

If ISU gets THT and WIgginton back, I think they can be top 15 ish as well as Baylor and KU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yeah, KSU and Tech will take a step back. Texas loses Roach and Hayes but returns a lot. Baylor returns all but Mason so I think they will take a step forward. TCU loses Robinson and Miller I can see them being about the same, NIT level/bubble team. WVU should be improved. I think OSU will be improved.

If ISU gets THT and WIgginton back, I think they can be top 15 ish as well as Baylor and KU.

I see THT in the first round on some mock drafts which amazes me. But I'm not a pro fan at all. Shayok is a bigger loss. oSu and OU are both bringing in strong recruiting classes, but it takes more than freshmen to win. Texas won't be good until they dump Smart. BU does have a lot of dudes returning, no doubt. Ku, who knows what will happen there? TxT loses its team, pretty much. WVU should be good, yes.

Reactions: Halincandenza

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Smart would have been fired all ready if he was going too. I guess he could jump ship to beat the firing. So Beard will stay and CSP isn't going to Bama.

Beard may have some good offers and he losses a lot of that team going into next year. Maybe he will get out while he is the hot name. Where is Smart going to go and he may have a big. CSP is staying put. Self is going to want to beat whatever the NCAA has coming out of town. I wonder if coaches like Dixon and Kruiger try to get out of town before they are forced out.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Beard may have some good offers and he losses a lot of that team going into next year. Maybe he will get out while he is the hot name. Where is Smart going to go and he may have a big. CSP is staying put. Self is going to want to beat whatever the NCAA has coming out of town. I wonder if coaches like Dixon and Kruiger try to get out of town before they are forced out.
Dixon is a candidate for UCLA. You're smokin' if you think he's on a hot seat at TCU.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/1/3/...dresses-ucla-rumors-sorry-youre-stuck-with-me

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Kruger will not get forced out at OU. Neither will Dixon.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Dude lost most of his starters and 80% of his scoring from last years Elite Eight team and is right back in the Sweet 16, if he leaves, it'll be all about the money. He's not afraid of roster turnover and shouldn't be.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie and chadly82

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I see THT in the first round on some mock drafts which amazes me. But I'm not a pro fan at all. Shayok is a bigger loss. oSu and OU are both bringing in strong recruiting classes, but it takes more than freshmen to win. Texas won't be good until they dump Smart. BU does have a lot of dudes returning, no doubt. Ku, who knows what will happen there? TxT loses its team, pretty much. WVU should be good, yes.
Tech will find a way to be good again. Beard is an elite coach. Kansas will be good. Baylor will be good. WVU will be good. Texas will be Texas of late 18-21 wins but talented. ISU should be solid, but we’ll see. OSU should be improved. TCU returns a few really good players. KSU... well....

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
JFC. So as soon as K-State sh*ts the bed, Surly goes scorched earth saying the whole conference sucks? Texas Tech has a legit change at a Final Four.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Well, what?

Diarra, Mawien, and Sneed provide a solid core of returning starters. Chicago POY coming to Manhattan, plus a couple 6'8" dudes. And 2X Big12 championship coach Bruce Weber to coach 'em up. Well?
vbi2ao7iplm82tkktbzf.gif

Reactions: Halincandenza