I suppose you agree that the B12 just wasn't all that this year ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Look for Michigan to beat TxT taking the B12 out completely. I was surprised that ISU didn't get by the first weekend but consistency has been an issue, hasn't it. Ku lost to the FBI and injuries. K-State without Dean Wade was an average team. OU and BU were not tournament worthy. Thankfully, TCU and Texas went to the NIT. Maybe one of them will win that. At least the streak is dead.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Look for Michigan to beat TxT taking the B12 out completely. I was surprised that ISU didn't get by the first weekend but consistency has been an issue, hasn't it. Ku lost to the FBI and injuries. K-State without Dean Wade was an average team. OU and BU were not tournament worthy. Thankfully, TCU and Texas went to the NIT. Maybe one of them will win that. At least the streak is dead.

Not tournament worthy? They won their first games.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
OU and BU weren't tournament worthy?

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

At least the big 10 has something to hang its hat on now that football is dead in that conference.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

TF are you smoking? Tech has a great shot against Michigan. That game will bean absolute slug fest but Tech can match up with them physically and I can see them really frustrating Michigan.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I basically thought that top to bottom the Big 12 was pretty solid but it just didn't have the really good team(s), like a KU most years, that really seemed like a final 4 team. I'll be rooting hard for TTU to carry the banner for the Big 12 and I think Beard seems like a good guy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I think Tech wins their region

• Agree
Reactions: rochclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The tournament is a crapshoot and making brand new conclusions based on just a few games when we have the entire seasons data still out there is a problemstic way to go about things.

The big 12 still should have had 7 in as TCU deserved to be in. 70% of the conference with a tourney-worthy resume isn't bad, it's stellar. We have known all year though that the conference's strength was in depth, not at the top.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
And they have a player that can carry the team. Culver will be the best player on the floor against Michigan and if he has a good game, I think they will win.

They're going to have the best player on the court until they hit Zion.

Michigan and Zags/FSU will be tough, but nobody is easy at this point.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Big 12 had a lot of really good teams, but not many great teams. Texas Tech is still going to be a tough out, so they're living up to what I expected. KSU could have been in the conversation still without losing Wade. ISU had the potential to make noise, but also the potential to get knocked out early as they did. KU and Baylor did about as expected.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The Big 12 had a lot of really good teams, but not many great teams. Texas Tech is still going to be a tough out, so they're living up to what I expected. KSU could have been in the conversation still without losing Wade. ISU had the potential to make noise, but also the potential to get knocked out early as they did. KU and Baylor did about as expected.
Agreed. The Big 12 was solid but only Texas Tech was elite and that only happened after they got their offense rolling halfway through Big 12 play.

Reactions: chadly82