2019 Wrestling Nationals

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking like we have 9 in the dance. What are the predictions for individual seeds and then the team placement? Fun to be able to watch more than a couple weights the first day.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't have a lot of expectations. Ideally, I want everyone to win 1 match.
I hope Gomez, Parker, Degen, Colbray and Miklus make the round of 16 at worst.
I hope for a 2-3 AA.

I think they all can and if I were to pick highest probable AA candidates, Parker, Degen and Miklus would be them. Seeding 133 is going to be a nightmare.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34 and bear24

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
I would guess..
1. Miklus
2. Colbray
3. Degen
4. Gomez
5. Parker

I also think they are all capable of a win. Excited to see the brackets!

VirginSturgeon

Sep 13, 2017
I would guess..
1. Miklus
2. Colbray
3. Degen
4. Gomez
5. Parker

I also think they are all capable of a win. Excited to see the brackets!

I would only switch Degan and Colbray. Degan seems to be peaking at the right time. Feel good where he is at even with that loss to Gfellar, 9 wrestlers at Nationals is going to make it so enjoyable this year.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
I would only switch Degan and Colbray. Degan seems to be peaking at the right time. Feel good where he is at even with that loss to Gfellar, 9 wrestlers at Nationals is going to make it so enjoyable this year.
Degen is wrestling tough. I just think that Colbray has the bigger tool box. In the finals, Foster looked like a returning AA and Colbray was right with him. Really like how he's wrestling lately and dont think hes reach full potential either.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Everyone is seeded now, which should make things interesting.

guesses on our guys:

Mackall ~20
Gomez ~10. No lower than 14.
Parker ~14
Degen ~10
Straw ~25-30
Coleman ~25
Colbray ~12
Miklus ~6
Gremmel ~22

All of our guys should have atleast 1 winnable match, atleast on the backside.

Gomez, Parker, Degen, and Colbray are going to need to win all of the matches they're favored in and win a 50-50 one in the rd 12.

Will depend a lot on draws, a guy like Gomez can beat just about anyone on the right day.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
As great as this weekend was we're at the mercy of the draw at nationals since I doubt we have more than Willie seeded in the top 8. It doesn't dampen my spirits any and I know we will win some matches "we shouldn't" if we are in fact peaking at the right time.

Of course upsets will change the course of the tournament like always, but the weights I'm most excited for are 133 and surprisingly, HWT. Hwt is a 3 horse race with Steveson, Cassar and White. Seeding there will be interesting. You can make a case a number if guys at 133 especially if Micic isn't 100%. Also 125 is interesting at the top. Rivera and Lee will get all the run, but Picc is undefeated and wrestling really well.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
As great as this weekend was we're at the mercy of the draw at nationals since I doubt we have more than Willie seeded in the top 8. It doesn't dampen my spirits any and I know we will win some matches "we shouldn't" if we are in fact peaking at the right time.

Of course upsets will change the course of the tournament like always, but the weights I'm most excited for are 133 and surprisingly, HWT. Hwt is a 3 horse race with Steveson, Cassar and White. Seeding there will be interesting. You can make a case a number if guys at 133 especially if Micic isn't 100%. Also 125 is interesting at the top. Rivera and Lee will get all the run, but Picc is undefeated and wrestling really well.

At 125, I am interested to see how Jack Mueller of Virginia does against these guys.

• Agree
Reactions: HGoat1 and ca4cy

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Everyone is seeded now, which should make things interesting.

guesses on our guys:

Mackall ~20
Gomez ~10. No lower than 14.
Parker ~14
Degen ~10
Straw ~25-30
Coleman ~25
Colbray ~12
Miklus ~6
Gremmel ~22

All of our guys should have atleast 1 winnable match, atleast on the backside.

Gomez, Parker, Degen, and Colbray are going to need to win all of the matches they're favored in and win a 50-50 one in the rd 12.

Will depend a lot on draws, a guy like Gomez can beat just about anyone on the right day.
Estimated seeds look about right to me.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Gable won’t lose that match again. Cassar was lucky his takedown was so close to the end of the 3rd. I’m not even sure Steveson was sweating.

Gable gets to cocky in his matches. This might slow him down a little. The Ali dance and stuff is a little disrespectful. But I agree, now that he realizes he is beatable, I think he takes it up another notch

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold and crablegs