Recruiting Scandal: 3 Headed to Prison

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It begs the question, If you could do things like these guys and make good money and connections as they did, receive a six month prison sentence (most likely in minimum security and probably only end up being 2-3 months), would you make that choice for all that money and lifestyle?

I can see the tempting side there.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Agreed, I can see the dilemma of spending resources to incarcerate white collar criminals but that is not much of a deterrent. i would have liked to see a hefty fine or some after sentence hardship to go along with it. Or better yet, some repercussions on the shoe companies themselves.

I'd say it will be business a usual for Nike and Adidas and their bag men by next recruiting season. Does not look like the NCAA will grow a pair of kahonies any time soon.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It begs the question, If you could do things like these guys and make good money and connections as they did, receive a six month prison sentence (most likely in minimum security and probably only end up being 2-3 months), would you make that choice for all that money and lifestyle?

I can see the tempting side there.

No, because you do things cleanly and still make an awfully good living.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm not sure Code and Dawkins are done yet. I think they're still due to stand trial in a separate case related to the scandal.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Agreed, I can see the dilemma of spending resources to incarcerate white collar criminals but that is not much of a deterrent. i would have liked to see a hefty fine or some after sentence hardship to go along with it. Or better yet, some repercussions on the shoe companies themselves.

I'd say it will be business a usual for Nike and Adidas and their bag men by next recruiting season. Does not look like the NCAA will grow a pair of kahonies any time soon.

NCAA can't punish shoe companies.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Auburn, Arizona, Oklahoma State/South Carolina (can't remember where Evans was coaching when he accepted bribes), USC are the first schools to come to mind as the first to be noticed because they all had coaches get indicted.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Report on this on 810 WHB out of Kansas City next. Available online.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Report on this on 810 WHB out of Kansas City next. Available online.

I'm not holding my breath those greasy slugs at KU get anything more than a slap on wrist. NCAA has no balls. And I can't believe Townsend is still on KU staff.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

"",,,, Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July. The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball...."

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Gotta be Kansas and Arizona. T&P's to the punishment Northern Arizona and Butler Community College are about to get