Iowa State @ Kansas State

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
Whose going to make the trip down?

Saturday game (2/16) at 3PM makes for a nice road trip for a huge conference game!

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'd like to. It's only a 3 hour drive for me. Tickets are available, not great seats for around $50-$60.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
This game may be the MOST pivotal in regards to title implications I believe...And of course a Kansas State future loss or two. Aside from us and Baylor, I hate to say it but Kansas State is in the driver’s seat.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Whose going to make the trip down?

Saturday game at 3PM makes for a nice road trip for a huge conference game!
Probably these two...
51407870_2040417742719579_8246293644466716672_n.jpg

(https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...-last-night-1-5-hours-before-the-game.245818/)

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
We need better defense and shut down drives to the basket if we're going to have a shot at winning the championship! We need to be physical against KS as much as the refs will allow!

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
We are headed down Friday afternoon. Secured tickets awhile ago, right behind ISU bench. Always a fun trip, have always been treated very well on our trips there over the years,

Reactions: FinalFourCy

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
This game may be the MOST pivotal in regards to title implications I believe...And of course a Kansas State future loss or two. Aside from us and Baylor, I hate to say it but Kansas State is in the driver’s seat.
KState has the hardest remaining schedule of the contenders. They might do it, but if they do they will have earned it.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
We are headed down Friday afternoon. Secured tickets awhile ago, right behind ISU bench. Always a fun trip, have always been treated very well on our trips there over the years,

Good to hear. That said, have any your past trips included a game that was possibly deciding the conference championship? Things could be a bit more heated this time...all the more reason to get more Cyclone fans down there.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I tend to believe that if you cheer for your team and are not obnoxious about it, most fan bases understand that. If you are blatantly being an idiot in an opposing arena, you kind of get what you deserve. We have encountered some idiots in Lawrence, my favorite is after the game when a 70 something old lady told me(and my high school daughter) that we "needed to get our team under control particularly that #30"...........that happened to be Royce White. That one made me smirk.
Have truly always had fun and been treated wonderfully while in Manhattan. Last year, while waiting in line at a restaurant on Sunday the day after the game, we ended up having a great conversation with a starting DT for the football team. He ended up coming over to our table again while we were eating to see how we liked the food (he told us what to order) and also stopped by when leaving again to wish us safe travels back to Iowa. Another year we had seats directly behind Bill Snyder and his wife at the game, we had a great conversation over the course of the game with them.
We have had numerous experiences like that over the years. We have never had a problem and always made to feel welcome.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I tend to believe that if you cheer for your team and are not obnoxious about it, most fan bases understand that. If you are blatantly being an idiot in an opposing arena, you kind of get what you deserve. We have encountered some idiots in Lawrence, my favorite is after the game when a 70 something old lady told me(and my high school daughter) that we "needed to get our team under control particularly that #30"...........that happened to be Royce White. That one made me smirk.
Have truly always had fun and been treated wonderfully while in Manhattan. Last year, while waiting in line at a restaurant on Sunday the day after the game, we ended up having a great conversation with a starting DT for the football team. He ended up coming over to our table again while we were eating to see how we liked the food (he told us what to order) and also stopped by when leaving again to wish us safe travels back to Iowa. Another year we had seats directly behind Bill Snyder and his wife at the game, we had a great conversation over the course of the game with them.
We have had numerous experiences like that over the years. We have never had a problem and always made to feel welcome.

Did you ask her how she expected you to get Royce under control when their entire team couldn't?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I find that it often helps before the game even starts to admit that we got a "bad call" in some previous game with them. Then admit it when the refs make a bad call in our advantage. Oh, and offering to get a beer or snacks for folks sitting around you.

In Manhattan, talking trash about KU goes a long way.

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I will be in Chicago watching it from a sports bar.

My wife wanted to go there for a... "weekend of culture and musical theater."

A reprieve of time to watch the game was the only concession I could get out of her.

FML

Right. I am sure it was your wife's idea to go to spend a weekend enjoying musical theatre and their "subliminal messages", Randy Marsh.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Right. I am sure it was your wife's idea to go to spend a weekend enjoying musical theatre and their "subliminal messages", Randy Marsh.

I blame my gay father-in-law. He installed a love of the theater in his daughters.