Great Marketing Methods

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
there are some marketing strategies that just stand out and seem to be huge hits. the two that come to mind are the budweiser frogs and the new coors light using nfl coach press conference quotes. i think it is just coinsidence that these 2 are both beer commercials, but maybe they just pay the most for the best (most creative) marketing people.

what are some other, maybe older, marketing methods that just seemed to be a huge hit?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Just read last night in SI.....Stanford is givivg season ticket holders a money back gtd, if they are not entertained by their football team on the field. The season ticket holder has til the week of the USC game to ask for a refund, if they feel they have not gotten their moneys worth....

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I don't think it's a coincidence that both your examples are beer commercials. Beer as a product carries the marketability and characteristics that appeals to humor perfectly.

How about the Real Men of Genius series? Or check out some Labatts or Molson or Hahns ads. Beer companies have established humor as their vehicle for marketing, so they are bound to have some memorable campaigns.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Old Milwaukee - Swedish Bikini Team
Budweiser - Spuds Mackenzie
ISU - Walden & Orr. Perhaps the best marketing done by ISU. I wish I could find those posters!!

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Sony's recent ad with the panel of "experts" is a pretty good commercial. Including the San Diego Chicken was a good choice.

The message is pretty good too.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Nothing beats Sportcenter Ads.

The new Bud Light "........... is no longer offered" commercials are pretty good.