Winter Weather 1/18-1/19

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Iowa Storm Chasing Network just put out 4 different model runs, all showing that dry slot in western Iowa. One model moving everything north quite a ways, but most are relatively consistent.
Not sure what our weather folks on this site think about them (Iowa Storm Chasing group), but I feel they have been pretty darn accurate the last two years.

View attachment 61731

View attachment 61732

View attachment 61733

View attachment 61734

#4 because that has been the trend all year.

• Agree
Reactions: Herkster

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys...

View attachment 61689

That is pretty close to the "check mark" for making the NCAA tournament.

:)

Iowa Storm Chasing Network just put out 4 different model runs, all showing that dry slot in western Iowa. One model moving everything north quite a ways, but most are relatively consistent.
Not sure what our weather folks on this site think about them (Iowa Storm Chasing group), but I feel they have been pretty darn accurate the last two years.

View attachment 61731

View attachment 61732

View attachment 61733

View attachment 61734

#4 because that has been the trend all year.

With some of the reports coming from up North it seems like #3 could be it!

Get your bets in!!

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
I like that chart, expected/possible. I didn't see it last night. Did you come up with it?
Yeah, I've been using it on social media the past two storms. Green is our forecast basically, red gives an idea how or what way it might break/bust. Ideally, the ranges should be tighter by now, but this one is a struggle.

Trying to come up with a better way of communicating the bell curve that is a snow forecast.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was at Fareway last night with two bags of lumberjack pellets on my shoulder and was at the check out line. A couple of gals with full carts kinda looked at me. I told them, "Most people are stocking up with bread and milk. I've got some briskets to smoke on Saturday and I'm outta pellets." They both replied, "Where do you live? I'll be over!" o_Oo_O
Give them the 8'' inches!
Photo of the Fareway charcoal aisle where encounter happened.
take-him-hes-mine-episode-3-pictured-bea-arthur-as-dorothy-petrillo-picture-id138356482

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I just don't understand what is gained by cancelling at 4 or 6 pm the day before vs 4 AM the morning of?

Planning for parents and sometimes kids are at school by 6:30 to prepare for events and practices

I know a couple of times son and others got to school only to learn no school