New Uniforms Revealed

CySanka3

Jan 15, 2014
Chicago
Thinking outside the box what about a Pop Warner tribute in some way / Iowa Agricultural College throw back. Don't go full ATM with it with those ugly faux leather helmets but feel like you could do something creative with our history. Yes I know we did Jack Trice, love me some Jack Trice, but there are other interesting historical figures/periods in our history that are cool.

• Disagree
Reactions: everyyard

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I would easily give up the chrome red helmet for a gold or a chrome gold helmet, we dont need 2 red helmets. My feeling is we need a gold set, cardinal set, white set and a black set, all complete sets, all made to mix and match however the team/CMC want. Then Multiple helmet sticker designs, that include some retro designs like other schools are using, especially bringing back the Orr Cyclone.

A few more black collar mod examples, and the effect of the socks! Sorry, no gold helmet as I do not think we are getting one. I could be wrong.
With the gold helmet!!!
Cy Uniforms 2018  q9a 2 2020 unis YelHel Home WhtPantStrOnly CY 3 2 1 5.jpg
Yes, if they would consider it, I would love the gold helmet (and pant/jersey for full set). Let's say they can only go with 4 helmets, we could give up the cardinal chrome helmet for a gold one. I agree we don't really need 2 red helmets.

• Winner
Reactions: 2speedy1

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Black collar mods, here are a few examples side-by-side.
Black collar options 1-15.png

Attachments

• Black collar options 1-15.png
    Black collar options 1-15.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 2speedy1

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
IMO, you just cannot justify the black collar on the red jersey at all.

90% of the time when we wear the red jersey we aren't wearing any other black elements at all, so we have a black collar and no other black anywhere. That looks just plain horrible.

Like someone else said, we just need an all cardinal option, all gold option, all white option, and all black option (if people want to keep it?). Pretty simple.

And IMO, I think it would look sharp to add some white elements into the cardinal jersey too. For example, I really like the new wrestling singlet on the left with the white added....

DuZNkZ6V4AAmVIi.jpg:large

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

90% of the time when we wear the red jersey we aren't wearing any other black elements at all, so we have a black collar and no other black anywhere. That looks just plain horrible.

What all is included in elements?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Accessories like gloves; facemask; socks; armbands; etc.

I thought the same thing because I saw our players wearing black cleats, socks, leggings, arm bands, long sleeve shirts, and braces/supports, but clonedude said we didn't. I thought elements must have been something different.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016

The black collar is representative of the black collar of a cardinal, a tribute to the greatest mascot in the nation, Cy the Cardinal.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I did a slight revision for your gold-helmet option from this set, adding a gold-pants option and used your cardinal/gold collar to replace the black collar.

View attachment 61571
Thanks for your contribution(s). I do not dislike this at all. I do think the coach wants to keep the black collar though, and I am OK w/ that.

I may make something up w/ a collar like this, on Red jersey. I do know that mixing colors, like adding white, red or yellow to the black collar just doesn't look good.

I've always liked the black collar more than most of you though. I'm sticking w/ black (2-tone best) collar, as I think it looks good and lends itself well to certain combinations.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Like someone else said, we just need an all cardinal option, all gold option, all white option, and all black option (if people want to keep it?). Pretty simple.

And IMO, I think it would look sharp to add some white elements into the cardinal jersey too. For example, I really like the new wrestling singlet on the left with the white added....
"IMO, you just cannot justify the black collar on the red jersey at all." Really? Even though Coach wants it, and I kind of like it? And that it adds a black 'element' which some of us like, matches combinations better, is different, etc. But OK. You can't please everyone.

I'm not trying to be a dipwad here, but your opinion is just that.

"And IMO, I think it would look sharp to add some white elements into the cardinal jersey too. For example, I really like the new wrestling singlet on the left with the white added...."
You mean like this? Cy Uniforms 2018  s3a - w r r  Std ISt Redface WhtSocks BlkCollar1 CY.jpg I know the white element here is the helmet, not some white in the jersey like you suggested, but we saw this this year and I thought it was great as it was.

When you start adding white accents here and there (or any other color really), you might as well just just completely redesign the thing and start from scratch. The beauty of this uniform set is its simplicity.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I think the whole problem people have with the black collar (I admit it took a while for me to warm up to it too and still like a few variants better), is people didn't understand the point of it.
It is more than just a collar, it is a bit wider and more of a statement than that, yet not much more.
There is no other forms of black accents to tie it in in the rest of the uniform at least as far as the reds, not counting accessories.
At first sight it really stands out, but after a while it seams to just fit there. Then if it is supposed to represent the black on a cardinal then it fits.
If you add black accessories it ties together.
I can see all sides of this argument, and at this point I like the uniform, I also like the alternate version with the added cardinal and white in the collar.
Ultimately, the black doesn't bother me anymore, I just want to see a gold set (with helmet) added, and then I the rest are great to me. Some of the tweaks here and there are cool, and would keep it fresh, but our unis are looking great, we just need that gold set, to complete it.

Reactions: t-noah

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
"IMO, you just cannot justify the black collar on the red jersey at all." Really? Even though Coach wants it, and I kind of like it? And that it adds a black 'element' which some of us like, matches combinations better, is different, etc. But OK. You can't please everyone.

I'm not trying to be a dipwad here, but your opinion is just that.

"And IMO, I think it would look sharp to add some white elements into the cardinal jersey too. For example, I really like the new wrestling singlet on the left with the white added...."
You mean like this? View attachment 61668 I know the white element here is the helmet, not some white in the jersey like you suggested, but we saw this this year and I thought it was great as it was.

When you start adding white accents here and there (or any other color really), you might as well just just completely redesign the thing and start from scratch. The beauty of this uniform set is its simplicity.

Well, alrighty then. If we're going to be voicing our brutally honest opinions.... this is how you do a mock up of possible uniforms.....

isu_football_side_concept19-jpg.56165

Not like this.....

35816-e7d9f5690749637f63d21bb742663fc0.jpg

Just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that like it.