What is the best burger joint franchise?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Was reading the weather forecast thread and someone mentioned higher end burger franchises like Whataburger, etc. So, what is everyone's favorite burger place? I ate at Whataburger in San Antonio, and was impressed with how well they handled the crazy crowd. Food was good, but not great. Good enough that I would definitely go there again if it wasn't bowl week. Not sure if there are any of those in Iowa. Stopped at B-Bopp's on the way to the Des Moines airport and thought it was outstanding for the money. Wish there was one in Cedar Rapids area.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Was reading the weather forecast thread and someone mentioned higher end burger franchises like Whataburger, etc. So, what is everyone's favorite burger place? I ate at Whataburger in San Antonio, and was impressed with how well they handled the crazy crowd. Food was good, but not great. Good enough that I would definitely go there again if it wasn't bowl week. Not sure if there are any of those in Iowa. Stopped at B-Bopp's on the way to the Des Moines airport and thought it was outstanding for the money. Wish there was one in Cedar Rapids area.

There used to be two B-Bops in the CR area (near both CR Walmarts). I wasn't impressed with it, even though I loved it in the DM area. I recall they were overly greasy.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
There used to be two B-Bops in the CR area (near both CR Walmarts). I wasn't impressed with it, even though I loved it in the DM area. I recall they were overly greasy.

Was that B-Bops? I remember something like that there, but didn't remember the name. Didn't last very long, and I ate there was didn't like it as well as the one in Des Moines. I know there was a Sonic by the NE Walmart at one point in time, but it didn't last long either.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I really enjoyed the In-N-Out burger, but the fries were trash. I gotta pick up B-Bops whenever I'm back to visit my parents.