Jayme Closs found

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m not sure you ever get past what happened to her. She witnessed her parents’ murders and wasn’t a hostage for 3 months.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
At the least, she still had enough wits and courage to escape so there is hope she can live a relatively normal life. Thank goodness she was found.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I’m not sure you ever get past what happened to her. She witnessed her parents’ murders and wasn’t a hostage for 3 months.

100 Percent. Hopefully her grandparents and family can get her in the right mind to at least have a solid life. Tragic story. Happy she has a chance though.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I can't imagine the horror she lived through. A very similar story from Spokane area was Timothy Duncan (Minnesota ties btw) killing Shasta Groene's family, taking her and her little brother, killing her little brother in front of Shasta... Months she was in his custody until she was freed.

Shasta did not fare well mentally - a tragedy that keeps on giving.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They are having a news conference now. I haven't heard a name but they person they have in custody is a 21 year old.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can't imagine the horror she lived through. A very similar story from Spokane area was Timothy Duncan (Minnesota ties btw) killing Shasta Groene's family, taking her and her little brother, killing her little brother in front of Shasta... Months she was in his custody until she was freed.

Shasta did not fare well mentally - a tragedy that keeps on giving.
This is why I shake my head when everyone they had on the news was talking about how joyous with was and how they were just overflowing with joy.

I get it, she is alive and it is more than most had hoped for but this girl likely saw both of her parents murdered, was abducted and held for months and had God knows what done to her for months on end. It is great that she was found alive but it is still not a happy situation.

I also have a 13 year old daughter.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
When we are most emotional about a crime is when I am most glad that our justice system is based on reason rather than whim.

I never said avoid the due process of justice that we are uniquely afforded......It needs to be swift and appropriate without gladiatorial public defenders charging by the hour and grandstanding judges, and other sanctimonious social justice groups projecting themselves upon the case. The "12 angry men" syndrome is so boring and over-played. This should be an easy one....as is a few others we know of in our own state.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I apologize if I assumed from your posting history that, "Old School justice on this.....and it needs to be public." Meant more something akin to a lynch mob.

My apologies.

• Friendly
Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I apologize if I assumed from your posting history that, "Old School justice on this.....and it needs to be public." Meant more something akin to a lynch mob.

My apologies.

Well.....if this douche bag did what is pretty apparent....then I wish him a very fair trial with lots of lawyers.....and when/if he is found guilty, yeah, then I want him lynched. And I want everyone to see it and know this is what happens when you mess with little girls.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I watched the press conference and the police spent a lot of time patting themselves on the back. I have no doubt they all worked extremely hard. I have no doubt they worked long hours. I’m sure they did everything they could.

But they did nothing to solve this case.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I watched the press conference and the police spent a lot of time patting themselves on the back. I have no doubt they all worked extremely hard. I have no doubt they worked long hours. I’m sure they did everything they could.

Yeah I thought that was weird. They didn't even find her. She escaped.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Well.....if this douche bag did what is pretty apparent....then I wish him a very fair trial with lots of lawyers.....and when/if he is found guilty, yeah, then I want him lynched. And I want everyone to see it and know this is what happens when you mess with little girls.
I believe this is dealt with in prison by other prisoners.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I believe this is dealt with in prison by other prisoners.

True dat....prison itself has become the slow tortuous hell that serves a justice in a way.....He'll get his for sure. There is just too much of this going on.....the stuff being broadcast into the brains of young people is messing them up......

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Obviously they spent a lot of time on this case and their efforts shouldn't go unnoticed.........but when it kept being "thanks for bringing her home" type stuff I was like........umm she rescued herself guys. I thought the superintendent did a nice job of highlighting Jayme's actions and strength a bit more.

They did locate and arrest the suspect quickly though.