MONDAY MUSINGS: Winter is coming, the CFP's future & Hoiberg's next move

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
  • Agree
Reactions: kilroy and kkise

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I disagree on the CFP. Conference championship is but one consideration now since not all champions can get in now. In an 8-team playoff, there is no excuse for not having representation from all P5 conferences. What better way to determine who that representative should be than on the field? If the score on the scoreboard doesn't determine superiority, why are we doing the playoff in the first place? If some other criterium is better, why not use that to determine the national champion to start with like was done in the bowl days? We don't "need" a playoff in the first place. Perhaps it adds interest in the sport, perhaps not. Perhaps the "need" is for ESPN and the NCAA to wring more money out of the sport

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lmao! Wth are you talking about arrogant Bears fans?

I've been to Minnesota as a visiting fan a few times, one of the worst fanbases in all of football. I can tell you stories about stuff I've seen up there.

Funny stuff that you think Bears fans are arrogant but you are a Vikings fan.

• Winner
Reactions: cyguy9320

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Lmao! Wth are you talking about arrogant Bears fans?

I've been to Minnesota as a visiting fan a few times, one of the worst fanbases in all of football. I can tell you stories about stuff I've seen up there.

Funny stuff that you think Bears fans are arrogant but you are a Vikings fan.

Fellas. I was clearly being sarcastic in the piece. The entire paragraph was a joke But hell, this is fun, you arrogant jerks.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
"Fred isn’t going back to college, folks"

Sounds like he is very open to college ball per latest ESPN article. I guess the "I hate recruiting" excuse was just bunch of BS when he left ISU.

The latest ESPN article specifically says Hoiberg wants to stay in the NBA and that he prefers it to college. It also says UCLA could pursue him but says nothing about him being interested in that job.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
The latest ESPN article specifically says Hoiberg wants to stay in the NBA and that he prefers it to college. It also says UCLA could pursue him but says nothing about him being interested in that job.
From article:

"I am not prioritizing one over the other in respect to the NBA and college," Hoiberg said. The jobs are so different that you cannot compare them, so I plan on evaluating whatever opportunities may come independently."

To me that says it's 50/50 between college or NBA.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
From article:

"I am not prioritizing one over the other in respect to the NBA and college," Hoiberg said. The jobs are so different that you cannot compare them, so I plan on evaluating whatever opportunities may come independently."

Well he must be saying two different things, because there is another article regarding the Thibs firing and it says Hoiberg would prefer to stay in the NBA. But also, Hoiberg is smart. You don't limit your offers, the more offers you have the better leverage you have.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
da-bears-snl-t-shirt.jpg

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
From article:

That sounds like good coach speak from someone that is unemployed. Last time I checked people still like to make money no matter where it comes from.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Well he must be saying two different things, because there is another article regarding the Thibs firing and it says Hoiberg would prefer to stay in the NBA. But also, Hoiberg is smart. You don't limit your offers, the more offers you have the better leverage you have.
Can you quote the article or link it?