Best Sports Thursday?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Last night we went out for a few drinks and I seriously had to keep my head on a swivel. You have the Cubs-Mets game on one TV, White Sox-Twins on another and of course the USC-Oregon State game... All three great games. I can't remember another Thursday like this in sports...

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
That Braun homer was pretty clutch.

Question... If the Mets/Brewers/Phillies all have the same record after 162 would there then be 2 one game tiebreakers? One for the NL East and one for the wildcard? Thus 1 team would actually play 164 regular season games?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

Question... If the Mets/Brewers/Phillies all have the same record after 162 would there then be 2 one game tiebreakers? One for the NL East and one for the wildcard? Thus 1 team would actually play 164 regular season games?

I just read that if they are all tied at the end of the regular season, the Phillies would host the Mets for the division title, and the loser of that would host the Brewers for the Wild Card.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I beleive so... It will be really interesting as the Philles and Mets may not be able to get any games in these next few days.

Mets have
Pelphrey vs. Volsted - edge Marlins
Nolasco vs. Niese - Huge edge Marlins
Olsen vs. Santana - Edge Mets
Alot of bad blood here from last year... Could be a Marlins sweep.

Phillies have
Balester vs. Blanton - edge Phillies
Lannan vs. Moyer - edge Phillies
Perez vs. Hamels - edge Phillies
Washington has played tough in Philadelphia, but their young starters are starting to tire, pitching more innings than they ever have.

Brewers have
Dempster vs. Suppan - edge Cubs
Lilly vs. Busch - edge Cubs
Marquis vs. Sabathia - edge Brewers
Brewers will be facing a beefed up version of the I-Cubs. Don't expect to see Dempster or Lilly out of the 5th. Could be a sweep for the Brew Crew.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Totally agree with this post...I try to take some notes every night before I go to bed to steer me in a direction the next day for my show open, and last night's notes were along the lines of that being the best sports night in a long, long time

clintr

Nov 12, 2007
Ames, IA
Agreed. Had my beer, burger, and head on a swivel watching those games last night at The Longest Yard in Valley Junction.

Great night. :biggrin:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Totally agree with this post...I try to take some notes every night before I go to bed to steer me in a direction the next day for my show open, and last night's notes were along the lines of that being the best sports night in a long, long time

Nice to see we agree on something...:wink:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
If the Phillies and Brewers tie, I think they ought to have a UFC match between Fielder and Howard, granted, they would both be exhausted after 30 seconds, but I'm just sayin'

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA

Since Jon doesn't really like baseball (hence complains about nothing to talk about in the summer), the reason why he thought it was a such a great night is because KF actually returned an
e-mail!