I guess Iowa's collapse will start in March this year...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lmao, great decision by Dailey there at the end. My god this Iowa team sucks, nothing has changed at all from last year.

About to be 4-17 in their last 21 conference games.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Watching Purdue dismantle IU shows me we arent quite at the top 20 level we want to be at yet on either side of the ball. Purdue is exploiting every weakness on both sides we just arent there yet. Hopefully we do soon though, the talent is there.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sigmapolis

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Watching Purdue dismantle IU shows me we arent quite at the top 20 level we want to be at yet on either side of the ball. Purdue is exploiting every weakness on both sides we just arent there yet. Hopefully we do soon though, the talent is there.
I take nothing from that game in December. It’s 2012 and 2016 all over again. Iowa blows their wad against us on their home floor, then Iowa State goes on to have a much better season.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

there are too many intangibles with our matchup against them to really mean much
- Team had 2 key players out, worked in two for the first time all season.
- Wigginton obviously is a guy who could exploit their weakness of not having a point guard.
- Team full of local guys who grew up passionate Iowa fans/ISU haters vs team of out of state freshman who don't even know who the Hawkeyes/Panthers/Bulldogs are.
- Players who are supposed to be out the entire season for surgery suddenly play a Robert Horry role.

I think Cook and Weiskamp are legit parts, I just haven't seen a Fran team that hasn't ground down and gotten worse as the year goes on. This roster with a non-psycho coach and a real point guard could be pretty dangerous.

It's entirely possible we knock off KU and the Iowa game goes from meaning very little to meaning practically nothing. I don't think they'll loose enough during MadFran regression to be considered a bad loss which might be all that matters to ISU.

Status
Not open for further replies.