San Antonio fan stories

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Lets hear some good stories from down south! Entertain me with stories of ISU fans skinny dipping in the river, drinking all the bars out of beer, locals overwhelmed by the shear amounts of ISU fans, etc.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Search Iowa State on Twitter and many people who work in SA have some version of "where did all the red t-shirt wearing Iowa State fans come from?"

One guy said his boss was joking about Busch Light and a group of a dozen people came in and ordered about 50 right away. He knew they were serious.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
A Washington St cheerleader was lost, crying, and needed help finding the team hotel. We were walking back to our hotel (Wyndham Garden) from the pep rally and I thought it was weird that she was out by ours. She was in her full uniform and late for practice. Got her calmed down and drove her to her hotel.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
A Washington St cheerleader was lost, crying, and needed help finding the team hotel. We were walking back to our hotel (Wyndham Garden) from the pep rally and I thought it was weird that she was out by ours. She was in her full uniform and late for practice. Got her calmed down and drove her to her hotel.

This guy isn’t drinkjng enough Busch light.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009

Dude, that wasnt a cheerleader...
HURR-WD78_V1.jpg

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was surprised that there were so many spots on the river walk without railings. I was told that is because its only like 3 feet deep??

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily and bstegs

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I was walking on the River Walk trying to get back to family which was waiting in line for one of the boat rides. Apparently I got in between a family. (2 in front and 2 in back of me) An older lady kind of pushed my arm a bit and I walked ahead. A couple minutes later a dude taps me on the shoulder and says, “Man, it’s not cool you pushing my mom.”. I said, “What? I did not push anybody.” I was not in the mood for anything like this. He says, “It’s not cool to push people.” His mom steps up and talks him down. She said, “You misunderstood me, I pushed him.” He grumbled an apology and I said nothing. I hate dumb meatheads looking for a fight. I think he was a cyclone fan…

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I was walking on the River Walk trying to get back to family which was waiting in line for one of the boat rides. Apparently I got in between a family. (2 in front and 2 in back of me) An older lady kind of pushed my arm a bit and I walked ahead. A couple minutes later a dude taps me on the shoulder and says, “Man, it’s not cool you pushing my mom.”. I said, “What? I did not push anybody.” I was not in the mood for anything like this. He says, “It’s not cool to push people.” His mom steps up and talks him down. She said, “You misunderstood me, I pushed him.” He grumbled an apology and I said nothing. I hate dumb meatheads looking for a fight. I think he was a cyclone fan…
Holy crap. Textbook targeting and the grandma should have been tossed.