Bar Dress Code

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
My friend was in town last night so I headed to downtown Des Moines to grab a beer. He wanted to go to some bar that had penny beers, I think it was the Kamodo Club. We headed down there, I was in a plain white T-shirt and another guy with us was in a red Nebraska T-Shirt. The bouncer would not let the guy with the Nebraska shirt in because it wasn't a local team, he couldn't turn his shirt inside out because then it would be a solid color t-shirt. I also could not get in because I had a solid colored t-shirt on.

As we got a little upset and argued a little he told us that every bar downtown had the same dress code. I've been to almost every bar downtown and have never run into any dress code.

Has anyone else seen a dress code downtown? I'm sure this dress code will stop me from going to the high class establishment called Kamodo.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Yeah, go there on the weekend and you'll definately know why they have a dress code...or I guess lack there of according to cyguy33. Rough crowd

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
A solid colored tshirt is a bad thing now?

I went to a parochial elementary and high school, and all we could wear was solid colored shirts.

But I have to side with the bouncer about the NU shirt. :wink:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Nothing compares to Ray's Boom Boom Room.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Dress codes are fine for high class joints. But if a bar is letting skizzy's in anyway, they might as well drop the dress restrictions unless its offensive or fight provoking.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I feared for my life when I took a chick home from there the one and only night I made an appearance. I'm suprised they said they had a dress code.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I feared for my life when I took a chick home from there the one and only night I made an appearance. I'm suprised they said they had a dress code.

Oh do tell. Did she have an Adams apple?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
The place had a bouncer on Wed night?

Guess that is all I need to know.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
My friend was in town last night so I headed to downtown Des Moines to grab a beer. He wanted to go to some bar that had penny beers, I think it was the Kamodo Club. We headed down there, I was in a plain white T-shirt and another guy with us was in a red Nebraska T-Shirt. The bouncer would not let the guy with the Nebraska shirt in because it wasn't a local team, he couldn't turn his shirt inside out because then it would be a solid color t-shirt. I also could not get in because I had a solid colored t-shirt on.

As we got a little upset and argued a little he told us that every bar downtown had the same dress code. I've been to almost every bar downtown and have never run into any dress code.

Has anyone else seen a dress code downtown? I'm sure this dress code will stop me from going to the high class establishment called Kamodo.

Did you ever think that they wouldn't let you in because you weren't cool enough? :wink:

I'm sure it was only because you were hanging out with a guy that was wearing a Husker shirt. That's like hanging out with...well....I think you get the picture.:smile:

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Did you ever think that they wouldn't let you in because you weren't cool enough? :wink:

I'm sure it was only because you were hanging out with a guy that was wearing a Husker shirt. That's like hanging out with...well....I think you get the picture.:smile:

I'm pretty sure it was because I wasn't cool enough, I didn't want to admit that though.