What I'm hearing about Jalen Terry

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think the reason MSU didn't offer Monte was because they only had 1 scholarship at the time, and were using it to try and get Jabari Parker.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I was at the particular ISU mbb game in the 80's where the P.A. announcer introduced (not by name) Glen Rice & Lowell Hamilton early in the game, as they walked out of the tunnel to their seats. I was sitting up a few rows with my dad.

Despite no internet, etc., the entire crowd knew who they were and they received a rousing welcome.

Quite a coup for Orr to get them in on an official visit. They were among the top-5 HS recruits in the country
As a lucky dip student I was a few seats away from those two on visit. They rose to sort of wave to the crowd. Good times-but never saw either again in person.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
According to lore, Orr had a verbal from Rice - and then the three targets that Frieder had went to other schools (Lowell Hamilton to Illinois, Roy Marble to Iowa, and Todd Mitchell to Purdue). Supposedly Orr had asked Frieder about recruiting Rice and got the OK, but when Frieder lost all his targets, he went running after Rice and promised him the moon. The rest is history.

Can you imagine Rice and Grayer on the same team? (Only for one year, but still.....)

Johnny was in on Hamilton and Willie Burton (MN) as well. Imagine those four with Hornacek.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Rice was dating Barry Stevens sister. Frieder put Rice somewhere so Johnny couldn't reach him. Lots of shenanigans went on in Rice's recruiting.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
Hard to believe that it's been almost 19 years, but when I think of Iowa vs Michigan State in hoops this day still comes to mind:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eustachy-rampage-costs-isu/
a_larrye.jpg

Anyone else?

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Rice was dating Barry Stevens sister. Frieder put Rice somewhere so Johnny couldn't reach him. Lots of shenanigans went on in Rice's recruiting.

That’s actually Grayer, in fact he is married to Barry’s sister. That’s how he ended up being the greatest to ever play at Iowa state

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
I think it'll come down to Iowa State and Michigan State.

Obviously due to proximity, I think you have to consider Michigan State the favorite here. Plus, his final visit was to East Lansing, which sometimes can be a sign.

I do think Iowa State is in the final 2 though .... stay tuned.
you going to be out of town when he is announcing right? I guess we just moved up to number 1.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
According to lore, Orr had a verbal from Rice - and then the three targets that Frieder had went to other schools (Lowell Hamilton to Illinois, Roy Marble to Iowa, and Todd Mitchell to Purdue). Supposedly Orr had asked Frieder about recruiting Rice and got the OK, but when Frieder lost all his targets, he went running after Rice and promised him the moon. The rest is history.

Can you imagine Rice and Grayer on the same team? (Only for one year, but still.....)
I also remember Rice's high school coach would not let him sign LOI in early signing period, which made him available to UM

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Met Charlie Bell the other day and had to give him **** about flopping. Seemed to be a good dude.

That's funny. I Met ben Mclemore at a bar down in the Ozarks and gave him crap about Banking in that 3 pointer against us. Really nice guy. I hated that he was really nice and wanted him to be a jerk. Nope. Someone in his family actually ask us if we wanted a picture with him. Good guy, good family.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That's funny. I Met ben Mclemore at a bar down in the Ozarks and gave him crap about Banking in that 3 pointer against us. Really nice guy. I hated that he was really nice and wanted him to be a jerk. Nope. Someone in his family actually ask us if we wanted a picture with him. Good guy, good family.
Why do you feel the need to ruin my perfectly good and well-reasoned hatred of all things Kansas basketball related?

Help Support Us

Become a patron