Sorry no longer available Hotel Room Dec 27 - 30

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
We(wife and daughter), would rather go on a cruise than go to the bowl game this year. I had already booked at the Comfort Suites Alamo/ Riverwalk using Choice points. I can cancel and get my points back or still use the points and put in someone else's name. 2 queen bed suite with a 2 person sofa bed. Looks like it would have cost about $1000.00. I would rather have cash instead of points. How about $750.00 total. Let me know if interested and we can work out the details. I did check with the hotel and it's ok for me to transfer to a family member. We're all Cyclones so close enough. I doubt they ask for any proof.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181206-171147_Choice Hotels.jpg
    Screenshot_20181206-171147_Choice Hotels.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20181206-171112_Choice Hotels.jpg
    Screenshot_20181206-171112_Choice Hotels.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: bgprest

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Just stick the wife and daughter on those little riverwalk boat tours. You get the game and they get their cruise.
I wish it was that easy. Our daughter would rather have the trip instead of a graduation party, saves me from having to clean the garage out, so not a bad deal.

$600 or offer

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Marriott closes accounts for doing this. No idea about Choice though.

Ya I used to work in hotel loyalty at the corporate level and this is closely monitored and frowned upon. Yes you can add a name to a reservation, but that's also a red flag we would look for. They may be able to check in and get a key, but who knows from there.

Not trying to ruin it being a good deal, just recognize the risk. OP could be left with account banned and person staying forced to pay the nightly rate that day if they wanted to keep the room. Who knows with Choice though, they could not be nearly as vigilant on this as we were, so you have a better chance of it being fine than a higher priced chain.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Ya I used to work in hotel loyalty at the corporate level and this is closely monitored and frowned upon. Yes you can add a name to a reservation, but that's also a red flag we would look for. They may be able to check in and get a key, but who knows from there.

Not trying to ruin it being a good deal, just recognize the risk. OP could be left with account banned and person staying forced to pay the nightly rate that day if they wanted to keep the room. Who knows with Choice though, they could not be nearly as vigilant on this as we were, so you have a better chance of it being fine than a higher priced chain.
Nothing to see hear. Extremely poor judgement and reply on my part.

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wow I really hit a nerve. Maybe just explain that in the original post, eesh. It wasn't just a past job, I was also on the board with Reservation Executives from 90% of hotel chains in the US so I know about the differences in policies. Yes I have heard of gifting points to others at higher loyalty tier levels, but that is not what you were saying in your original post. Don't compare apples to oranges. I wasn't trying to **** you out of a sale.

This is a pretty good deal if someone wants to jump on it. I honestly would if I could go.

Last edited:
Reactions: slipp71 and JP4CY

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
Yo bell hop. Or they don't need to be vigilant, because it's not against their policy. It took me about 4 whole seconds to pull this up. I stay in Choice hotels about 100 nights a year for work. I have given away dozens of nights to friends and family. I could just flat out give this to someone else and take my name off the registration with Choices' blessing. I felt leaving my name on the reservation, would show I have some skin in the game, for people who may not be familiar with Choices' policy.(you know like you Farnsworth). I wish people that didn't no **** would just STFU, but that will never happen, cause its a message board and everyones an expert because of some past job they had. View attachment 60771

I have a strong feeling there was alcohol involved while posting this. 2:29am on a tuesday morning?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Yo bell hop. Or they don't need to be vigilant, because it's not against their policy. It took me about 4 whole seconds to pull this up. I stay in Choice hotels about 100 nights a year for work. I have given away dozens of nights to friends and family. I could just flat out give this to someone else and take my name off the registration with Choices' blessing. I felt leaving my name on the reservation, would show I have some skin in the game, for people who may not be familiar with Choices' policy.(you know like you Farnsworth). I wish people that didn't no **** would just STFU, but that will never happen, cause its a message board and everyones an expert because of some past job they had. View attachment 60771
I was thinking about it but no need to go after farnsworth about it. He was just trying to help.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Hardoooo

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was thinking about it but no need to go after farnsworth about it. He was just trying to help.

Cheaper than my deal and I just bought my tickets yesterday. Came back to make an offer, seeing that response, it isn't worth the savings.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Nobody take the deal!

tenor.gif

Last edited: