Twins

Miller

May 23, 2006
Just back from the Dome, what an atmosphere. Kubel was huge and I hope I'm right when I say this but the Twins seem to have the Sox number in the HHHD.

I know I'm in the minority but I love the Dome and always have, and even though not sold out tonight the joint was loud. Although Beyond the Ivy was and will be a blast I'm pulling for the Twins and hope to be back for the playoffs.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I guess Javier didn't respond to Guillen's challenge... I don't know what is more pathetic, his response in the media or his response on the field...

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Just back from the Dome, what an atmosphere. Kubel was huge and I hope I'm right when I say this but the Twins seem to have the Sox number in the HHHD.

I know I'm in the minority but I love the Dome and always have, and even though not sold out tonight the joint was loud. Although Beyond the Ivy was and will be a blast I'm pulling for the Twins and hope to be back for the playoffs.

The worst part of the Dome from a fan's perspective is the number of seats that are angled towards CF instead of home plate. It just makes for an uncomfortable night.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
I think the Dome gives the Twins an advantage as they seem to have constructed the team for "dome ball"......ie fast runners, good fielders, guys who chop the ball into the turf and run like mad.

Might have to re-build the team a bit when they move to Target Field. Nice game tonight boys. Hopefully they saved some runs for the next two!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the Dome gives the Twins an advantage as they seem to have constructed the team for "dome ball"......ie fast runners, good fielders, guys who chop the ball into the turf and run like mad.

Might have to re-build the team a bit when they move to Target Field. Nice game tonight boys. Hopefully they saved some runs for the next two!

Who says you can't play small ball in an outdoor stadium with real grass? Speed is speed regardless of whether it's indoors or out.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

Target Field is being built to favor left handed hitters. The current lineup is lefty heavy as is the anticipated 2010 lineup as well as are recent top draft picks.

loki8838

Nov 27, 2006
Nice start to the series. Tomorrow is the key to the season. If they can hit the ball like the did tonight, and get a good outing from Blackburn, then I like our chances of catching and maybe passing the Sox. If Blackburn gives up some gopher balls and Buerhle shuts down the bats then the Twins almost have to win out, and get some help from the Indians this weekend. (Maybe Cliff Lee can pitch all 3 games against the Sox)

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
Who says you can't play small ball in an outdoor stadium with real grass? Speed is speed regardless of whether it's indoors or out.

I hope you're right. Their home vs. away record this year concerns me though.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I hope you're right. Their home vs. away record this year concerns me though.

There home away record isn't really anything abnormal, teams play better at home. Take a look at the AL, only one team has a winning record on the road, closer to home the Chicago White Sox have essentially the same record on the road as us. I'm not concerned at all about the new stadium effecting performance.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006

Sorry, being a Cub fan I guess I was spoiled going to games at Wrigley. I went to one game at Dome and absolutely hated it, the atmosphere is just not the same.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
We need a sweep in this series like there is no tommorrow, but I guess that since if we don't, there probably isn't a tommorrow, just a next season.