Recruiting

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
St John and Metcalf did Weekly Press Conference.

Said Dresser is out East meeting with a couple potential recruits.

Can they visit Facundo in Michigan?

Also Ryan Anderson is #1 seed at Ironman at 145

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6277035-2018-walsh-ironman-preseeds

145: Top Seed - #1-Ryan Anderson, Bethlehem Catholic, PA
2 Andonian, Bryce - St. Edward, OH

3 Abas, Jaden - Rancho Bernardo, CA

4 North, Michael - Wadsworth, Ohio

5 Mastrogiovanni, Travis - Blair Academy, N.J.

6 Donathan, Chris - Mason, Ohio

7 Mayora, Fidel - Montini Catholic, Ill.

8 Bryant IV, Manzona - Hudson WRA, Ohio

9 Chumbley, Trevor - Marmion Academy, Ill.

10 Dawson Sihavong - Bullard

11 Wick, Luka - San Marino, Calif.

12 Cerniglia, Andrew - Notre Dame, PA

13 Valencia, Cael - St. John Bosco, Calif.

14 Dowling, Caleb - St. Joseph's Catholic, Pa.

15 Henson, Wyatt - Christian Brothers College, Mo.

16 Kievman, Connor - Wyoming Seminary, Pa.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Really like Anderson. Any thoughts on how they get him in the lineup? Is he a 41 after Parker, or any chance Carr/Degen move up to make room?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Kysen Terukina is wrestling at 120. Almost positive that is Shayden's brother. I was watching his last match on Flo; anybody know if that is Shayden coaching Kysen in these matches?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Do you think Degen can hold 49 much longer
I really don’t know. He certainly appears to have the length to move up, but I don’t think Carr has the frame to move to 165. If they stay put, that means Anderson has to be 141 or either him/Degen goes to the bench.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
145 #1-Ryan Anderson, Bethlehem Catholic (PA) vs. #18-Trevor Chumbley, Marmion IIL)
145 #9-Travis Mastrogiovanni, Blair (NJ) vs. #8-Michael North, Wadsworth (OH)
145 #5-Jaden Abas, Rancho Bernardo (CA) vs. #15-Chris Donathan, Mason (OH)
145 #10-Fidel Mayora, Montini (IL) vs. #4-Bryce Andonian, St. Edward (OH)

Track has North getting beat by Valcenia. The above is from Flo

https://www.flowrestling.org/results/6279369-2018-walsh-jesuit-ironman/25444

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
After Ryan redshirts I think the problem getting in the lineup is going to be Degens not his.

I’m very excited about Anderson but Degen was in the Round of 12 as a freshman. He’s a very good wrestler, and is only going to get better. And you’re talking about a RS senior Degen at that point.

The lineup will work itself out, as it always does.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
We should never get into this. We should be happy that we have possible A.A.'s in the future lineups. Wrestlers grow and wrestlers move up and down. The coaches and the wrestlers will work that out. Basketball and football have the same problems. They are good problems to have.
Would you rather have one guy at each weight that can't All American at each weight?
Enjoy the ride and the results.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
We should never get into this. We should be happy that we have possible A.A.'s in the future lineups. Wrestlers grow and wrestlers move up and down. The coaches and the wrestlers will work that out. Basketball and football have the same problems. They are good problems to have.
Would you rather have one guy at each weight that can't All American at each weight?
Enjoy the ride and the results.
I don’t be really care much about those other sports, but they don’t talk about recruiting and depth charts on their message boards? That seems kind of hard to believe.

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
I don’t be really care much about those other sports, but they don’t talk about recruiting and depth charts on their message boards? That seems kind of hard to believe.
I’m very excited about Anderson but Degen was in the Round of 12 as a freshman. He’s a very good wrestler, and is only going to get better. And you’re talking about a RS senior Degen at that point.

The lineup will work itself out, as it always does.
If there is a single wrestler that we can conclude came here, committed to this program and started the return to greatness, it is this young man. I will fully support threee more strong years from Degen on the mat, and in the room. There is nothing I would rather see for the program than his sustained improvement to AA, and beyond. You guys with me on this?

• Agree
Reactions: csteve and cyputz

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
My point was supposed to be more about Andersen than a knock on Degen. Andersen is an exceptional wrestler. Truly a blue chip recruit. He moves up in some of the toughest tournaments out there and competes at a crazy high level. Not many out there that don’t give up a TD in the Super 32.

Every wrestler is is either trying to earn the starting spot or hold onto it. That’s wrestling. From early grade school to post grad. Someone’s coming to try and take what you have.