I Want To See Those Whom Said Cook Was Garbage....

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
And? That was all 26 points!? Come on man....He was better! I hate saying it, but he was....
Jeeebus. It wasn’t all of his 26 but like I said... watch the replay. How many yams did he have on put backs; 4-5?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It would've been nice if ISU had something more than a true freshman guard to put on him, but we didn't. He did what he should have done to a player not ready to play defense against a PF.

Reactions: Go2Guy

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
THT is about 6'4" or 6'5". Not exactly what Cook would be going up against in the NBA.

We probably needed Young worse tonight than Wigginton for that very reason. Young could have been physical with Cook and brought down some rebounds.
you guys definitely missed Young tonight....was surprised Jacobson and Lard weren't on the floor more together....was a lot to expect THT to guard Cook in the post.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
There's a lot of fessin' up some of the poster experts need to own.
Cook schooled THT - but really who did we have to guard him, whithout fouling out?. And Cook handed us a double-double 26-11 and played the most mins of any Hok.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I will eat some crow I wasn’t too concerned about Young being out and thought we would be fine, we need him back desperately for conference...

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
THT is about 6'4" or 6'5". Not exactly what Cook would be going up against in the NBA.

We probably needed Young worse tonight than Wigginton for that very reason. Young could have been physical with Cook and brought down some rebounds.

At times we did a good job denying passes in the lane to Cook, and we got turnovers. What pizzed me off was his ability to start his move from about the FT line and finish. How in the heck do we not stop that.
We threw some double-teams at him when he was backing down THT, but he found other ways to get to the rim.
Can't believe they scored 98 on us !?$##?

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
you guys definitely missed Young tonight....was surprised Jacobson and Lard weren't on the floor more together....was a lot to expect THT to guard Cook in the post.

Playing small had worked so well that they haven't even really been working on adding another big yet

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He had a nice game. His inability to shoot will limit him going forward, but he is athletic and when he wants to play he can be a force. We didn't have an answer for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I didn't quite understand the rationale of THT on Cook either. I know going small had been our bread and butter, but it was apparent about 5 minutes in that Cook was going to give us fits if we didn't put a big on him. I will say offensively Talen had a mismatch about every time down. He got whatever shot he wanted. Unfortunately they weren't falling.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
THT's defense on him wasn't really the problem, Cook was a turnover machine last night. Between his bad passing and getting beat on entry passes he gave up at least 6-7 turnovers.

The problem was leaving him to contest shots and rebound instead of boxing him out. The end of the first half was a perfect example, with Conditt going to contest a shot he had no business chasing while leaving Cook standing by himself under the hoop.

• Agree
Reactions: CY88CE11

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron