We will be fine

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Losing is never fun. But losing to Iowa is especially frustrating. It seems Iowa is always jacked to play Iowa State and we don't respond well. Or dont play well. Football or basketball.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Losing is never fun. But losing to Iowa is especially frustrating. It seems Iowa is always jacked to play Iowa State and we don't respond well. Or dont play well. Football or basketball.

It’s in their DNA to have a hard on for every game against us. It’s in our DNA not to care that much. We’ve got more important business to handle and we also don’t want to be classless dooshbags. It’s better that we just play it cool.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Sorry, we may be fine but this was a 'bad' loss. We can make excuses all we want but were just schooled by a team that we should have beat.

It can be a teaching moment, for sure. I guarantee you if the committee needs to dig that deep it's not going to be a positive result for our team...
Losing to a top 20 team on their home court is a bad loss? Right now, this is not a bad loss. If Iowa has their typical February meltdown, it will be considered a bad loss by the end of the season. We shot terribly, they were feeling it. We didn't box out, they made us pay. Our outside shooting won't be that bad very often and we can improve the rebounding. Sucks losing to them ever but it really isn't that terrible. Definitely not bad enough to already be worried about the committee.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I agree with the overall theme here of “calm down, it’s too early to freak out”.

One thing I do know is there will be four sophomores and a senior back next year in Hilton against this team that won’t forget this.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonepride

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Losing to a top 20 team on their home court is a bad loss? Right now, this is not a bad loss. If Iowa has their typical February meltdown, it will be considered a bad loss by the end of the season. We shot terribly, they were feeling it. We didn't box out, they made us pay. Our outside shooting won't be that bad very often and we can improve the rebounding. Sucks losing to them ever but it really isn't that terrible. Definitely not bad enough to already be worried about the committee.
Y’all be projecting this comment of mine as if it is the end of the world. I never said that. I just call this one as I see it; a disappointment.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Remember that time when a senior laden team led by Monte Morris got beat in Carver by a worse Hawkeye team. I couldn't believe how that game just ruined the season. They just plain sucked after that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Were you a fan in 2000? If you don't think that team had a very good shot at a national title you'd be wrong.

So every twenty years or so ISU has a legit team and we shouod just enjoy getting into the tournament regardless.

Got it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It took them playing their best game and ISUs worst so far for that to happen. And it was on the road against. Not a big deal. Get better and move on.

• Agree

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Honestly, what I was worried about going into the game came true. Not having Solomon or a 100% Lard killed us down low. Cook and their other bigs were having their way with us all night.

Glad Prohm didn't risk Lindell or Solomon's health just to win this one like Fran did with Pemsl and Wieskamp.

Hopefully once we get everyone back this becomes another season where Prohm gets them to peak in February and March.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
To me, it looked like the Iowa game was just a continuation of the second half of the NDSU game, in that ISU was allowing NDSU to get good looks inside and outside, and was giving up offensive rebounds. Hopefully, the guys learned what happens when the above happen against a team with better players.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Honestly, what I was worried about going into the game came true. Not having Solomon or a 100% Lard killed us down low. Cook and their other bigs were having their way with us all night.

Glad Prohm didn't risk Lindell or Solomon's health just to win this one like Fran did with Pemsl and Wieskamp.

Hopefully once we get everyone back this becomes another season where Prohm gets them to peak in February and March.

I think playing Conditt speaks to his focus on the long season rather than the expediency of the moment (and George held his own out there). I found it really interesting that Andy Katz said Coach thinks Conditt can be a real factor as we get into the Big 12 season.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think playing Conditt speaks to his focus on the long season rather than the expediency of the moment (and George held his own out there). I found it really interesting that Andy Katz said Coach thinks Conditt can be a real factor as we get into the Big 12 season.

Fact is ISU is still trying to figure out their roster.

Last night was a good way to see where things are, not much more.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Conditt's presence on defense is great. His defensive +/- is stupid high. He could be a really good player once he develops offensively.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron