We will be fine

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sorry, not going to temper my expectations.

This isn't a season ending loss by any means, but it isn't what anyone would consider positive. Sorry if you can't deal with that reality.

No one said it was positive.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It will be one of the worst losses we have all year but losing to an NIT team on their floor won’t kill us.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Feel free to go back and watch the ball stick in their hands in the games. Don't get me wrong, I love their play making skills, but they aren't consistent enough to lead us night in and night out.

But they are what we have.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Babb is playing hurt and people that ***** about THT or shayoks attitude might want to take a look at nick.
Two seasons in a row playing hurt? If true I apologize and understand his play.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If you can go back about 50 years and have ISU do what Duke was doing, that will work.

Otherwise you're stuck with a decent basketball program that occasionally could beat those teams.
Personally I think this program can work its way into blueblood status, or if not close to it...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mmbrooks

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Personally I think this program can work its way into blueblood status, or if not close to it...

That will never happen unless we can retain coaches. Since 1994, we’ve had 7 coaches. No blue blood does that.

So it’ll take a while to get there. You’ll need to be patient.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not saying they won't, but they have a long ways to go. Like I said, their individual talent will win us a lot of games, but lose 4-5.

Well then I guess it’ll lose us those games. I’m not going to freak out about it.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This team needs Babb to be the aggressor.

Babb is quite simply not an aggressive or confident basketball player. He would quite possibly be a NBA caliber player if he was, but it's just not his personality.

Wigginton is however. So hopefully they can sort of be like yin and yang together. Between Wigginton, THT and Shayok, I don't think we lack aggressive offensive players.

The biggest weakness(es) tonight was rebounding and defense.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Babb is quite simply not an aggressive or confident basketball player. He would quite possibly be a NBA caliber player if he was, but it's just not his personality.

Wigginton is however. So hopefully they can sort of be like yin and yang together. Between Wigginton, THT and Shayok, I don't think we lack aggressive offensive players.

The biggest weakness(es) tonight was rebounding and defense.

But wigs is selfish just like shayok and Horton-tucker.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
People are going to overract to this comment, but whatever.

This team is not nearly as good as opinions seemed to be around here. Are they decent? Absolutely. But as great as its been to see the high-level recruits contributing, and the surprise that Jacobson has been, they are not world beaters. Especially without Wigginton.

Regardless, we've known Prohm's teams to improve as the year goes on, so getting everybody back, the freshmen more time to develop, and figuring out how the team is gonna look I think will definitely improve things. And even now I still think they are a tourny team, which kinda makes the early season a bit pointless outside of hype.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron