We will be fine

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes but no...

To explain, they won't be ranked by the end of the season. Come selection/seeding time this game can make a difference.

I don't believe that, especially with ISU still not at full roster, and not if ISU is good the rest of the way.

MAYBE a seed down but that means another bad loss on the way.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't believe that, especially with ISU still not at full roster, and not if ISU is good the rest of the way.

MAYBE a seed down but that means another bad loss on the way.
That is my point... For instance If it comes down to a choice between us and team X to be in Des Moines, this loss will not help.

Of course this is assuming Iowa doesn't maintain its current ranking...

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I think this team will be fine. I am not seeing a team that can seriously challenge for #2-3 in the B12, but we may look completely different in January when Wigginton and Solomon are back.

I'm still concerned about 3 point shooting with a "small ball" club, but Wigginton may change that, and we will probably improve our 2-bigs lineup over the month of December.

With all that said, I hope Prohm can take back control of this series going forward. I really hope he can land Foster, but I fear this season is exactly what Foster is waiting to see out of Iowa before committing to them.

Especially if Cook keeps blowing up.
Totally agree about the 3 point shooting. We have a small team, currently, that is not a good 3 point shooting team. Could've used that trying to come back instead of taking 25 seconds trying to find a shot.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In Des Moines.

This program needs to have higher expectations than to just make the tournament.

Historically it doesn't.

And with this team it doesn't. Make the tourney most years, occasionally get a nice seed with a legit team.

• Agree
Reactions: swessball

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
THT is a freshman making an abundance of freshman mistakes and shooting absolutely awful.

Shayok is forcing way too much and will be much better in a secondary roll to Wigs when he returns. To his defense, he's never been a go-to guy since probably high school so on the road for the first time will be a struggle

Can't wait for the return of our best shooter and scoring leader.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Historically it doesn't.

And with this team it doesn't. Make the tourney most years, occasionally get a nice seed with a legit team.

For a comparison I'd rather our program be more like Duke than Dayton.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
THT is a freshman making an abundance of freshman mistakes and shooting absolutely awful.

Shayok is forcing way too much and will be much better in a secondary roll to Wigs when he returns. To his defense, he's never been a go-to guy since probably high school so on the road for the first time will be a struggle

I've said this from the beginning of the year, those two players might win us a lot of games, but they will lose us 4-5 because they have a tendency to play selfish.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

This team needs Babb to be the aggressor.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I've said this from the beginning of the year, those two players might win us a lot of games, but they will lose us 4-5 because they have a tendency to play selfish.

Oh for goodness sake.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This team needs Babb to be the aggressor.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Babb is playing hurt and people that ***** about THT or shayoks attitude might want to take a look at nick.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For a comparison I'd rather our program be more like Duke than Dayton.

If you can go back about 50 years and have ISU do what Duke was doing, that will work.

Otherwise you're stuck with a decent basketball program that occasionally could beat those teams.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Jesus. Just calm down.

Sorry, not going to temper my expectations.

This isn't a season ending loss by any means, but it isn't what anyone would consider positive. Sorry if you can't deal with that reality.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Oh for goodness sake.
Feel free to go back and watch the ball stick in their hands in the games. Don't get me wrong, I love their play making skills, but they aren't consistent enough to lead us night in and night out.