Michael Jacobson fan Club

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm all in too. Love how he plays. Got skills too.

Too bad the officials took him out of the game with some just awful calls against him early. Little McCaffrey and Pemsl did their jobs in getting a T called on him and getting him out of his game.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
His third foul right at the start of the second half was complete BS. Luckily we left him in and it didn't matter as much. The guy plays hard and really understands the game of basketball. I don't know about enforcer though because he lacks the raw athleticism that someone like Cook has.

Reactions: cyfan21

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They went after him all night and knew he was key.

Wish he would have just walked off the court at the end too.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
His third foul right at the start of the second half was complete BS. Luckily we left him in and it didn't matter as much. The guy plays hard and really understands the game of basketball. I don't know about enforcer though because he lacks the raw athleticism that someone like Cook has.

The only problem I have with this comment is that I think we were unlucky to have left him in after the third foul. I think by leaving him in, Prohm hamstrung MJ and the team a bit. Jacobson was more tentative fearing the fourth foul, and Iowa took advantage. Love the kid, love Prohm, but didn't love the choice leaving him in.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Wish we would have had him on the floor with Lard at the same time. We gave up
WAY too many offensive rebounds and easy buckets for Cook. Small ball failed tonight.

I'd like to see them on-court together a little more often, at least until Solo is back into the flow. I can't remember when Lard first entered vs. Iowa, but it might've helped if he came in earlier and played a few overlapping minutes with Jacobson, then Jake could go to the bench for a short period. Lard could've had more time to get into flow, it would've changed dynamic a little, and possibly saved MJ a foul.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I am a big fan of the kid, but I think this rivalry meant a little more to him than the rest of the team. Got him a little out of sync with shot selection, and got him pressing more than he usually does.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was kind of wondering if he was one to get under others' skin.

Yep.

Still not a fan of the antics at the very end but it would be really hard to resist with a POS like Little Fran being within shouting distance.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
When healthy I believe Young will be the guy when we switch to a big lineup.

Jacobson and Lard bring a different type of post scorer. While Young gives you a physical post defender. Would of been nice to have him last night on ol crazy eyes. Way too many easy put backs.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Michael Jacobson is my hero. I never thought I’d say this but I may like him more than naz long, is that possible!?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I love the way he plays. Also, I get why they gave him a T with the shoving, but that was all on Iowa. He was walking away when McAffrey got in his face, and then obviously Pemsl had to try to insert himself. Those two have earned their way onto my inaugural All-Fake Tough Guy team. They would have wanted no part of Mike.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza