We will be fine

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
quit over reacting. Lindell is in his way. Solomon will be coming back to guard some down low guys and rebound.

We had a bad night and they had a couple guys go off on their home court.

In two months teams are not going to know how to guard Wigginton, THT, Shayok, Jacobson and the rest of our guys. Plus two months of playing together.

Big 12 better get their crap together because we will only get better and start smashing teams. Take a breath people.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Other than this being our in-state rivals it really doesn't mean that much in basketball. A non-con loss on the road to a ranked at the time team. Not really going to change anything. Other than it may light a fire under some of our guys.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Sorry, we may be fine but this was a 'bad' loss. We can make excuses all we want but were just schooled by a team that we should have beat.

It can be a teaching moment, for sure. I guarantee you if the committee needs to dig that deep it's not going to be a positive result for our team...

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think this team will be fine. I am not seeing a team that can seriously challenge for #2-3 in the B12, but we may look completely different in January when Wigginton and Solomon are back.

I'm still concerned about 3 point shooting with a "small ball" club, but Wigginton may change that, and we will probably improve our 2-bigs lineup over the month of December.

With all that said, I hope Prohm can take back control of this series going forward. I really hope he can land Foster, but I fear this season is exactly what Foster is waiting to see out of Iowa before committing to them.

Especially if Cook keeps blowing up.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sorry, we may be fine but this was a 'bad' loss. We can make excuses all we want but were just schooled by a team that we should have beat.

It can be a teaching moment, for sure. I guarantee you if the committee needs to dig that deep it's not going to be a positive result for our team...

I’m willing to bet the committee will see us whipping ass at the end of the year and know we were without two of our best players

• Winner
Reactions: CyJeans

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

In theory, Iowa is a ranked team. That’s not a ******* bad loss.

However, we have only played 2 good teams and got killed by one of them.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not going to overreact to this loss at all. First of all, two of our main contributors just got back last game and are nowhere near in game shape yet. Second, our best player isn't back yet, and our enforcer down low isn't back yet either. Iowa was jacked up and playing out of their minds for their biggest game of the year. Their roster is chock full of Iowa kids, and we have one, Jacobson. It isn't a "rivalry" in most of our players' eyes. Kansas is a rivalry. OU is a rivalry. Iowa..... ummm...... no.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Short handed, against an instate rival whose back is against the wall (and a team that is ranked, even if not deservingly so)? It’s a textbook write off game to anyone who puts any thought into it.

With all that, playing terrible and not catching any breaks, it was still someha game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Repeating but this type of game may have been really good for ISU.

Quasi-hostile environment, other teams' players living their dream, and ISU playing their worst game of the season and still getting it to 8 with 6 minutes left.

Also despite what that POS Randy Pete says, Lard came alive a bit. He just needs someone out there as a compliment.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
This is why I picked Iowa. We were going to miss Lindell at some point; Solomon too. They needed this game more than us. Once those two come back, we'll be fine.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016

So in theory, this was the number 18 team on their home court. Really fail to see how that is going to be a bad loss.

Iowa will win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't, but in the end this game on the road was at worst a neutral.

I hate losing to a POS team with a POS coach as much as the next guy, but in the end, this is pretty inconsequential to long term aspirations.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy and NENick

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’ve poo poo’d not having Young but he would have been a huge help on the boards in this game.

Ultimately we just need to get back to the tourney this year and all of that is still certainly possible.

• Agree
Reactions: swessball

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So in theory, this was the number 18 team on their home court. Really fail to see how that is going to be a bad loss.

Iowa will win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't, but in the end this game on the road was at worst a neutral.

I hate losing to a POS team with a POS coach as much as the next guy, but in the end, this is pretty inconsequential to long term aspirations.
Yes but no...

To explain, they won't be ranked by the end of the season. Come selection/seeding time this game can make a difference.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Short handed, against an instate rival whose back is against the wall (and a team that is ranked, even if not deservingly so)? It’s a textbook write off game to anyone who puts any thought into it.

With all that, playing terrible and not catching any breaks, it was still someha game.
They don't look at rankings at the time of loss, they look at the rankings at the time of seedings....

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
It's just a basketball game in early December. If it weren't for bragging rights, it would be fairly meaningless. Probably should be more focused on improving team defense and finally knocking KU off their perch in the Big 12.

Reactions: runbikeswim

Help Support Us

Become a patron