Iowa State - Hok Game on Fox Sports 1 - Blacked out on Sling!

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I checked the upcoming schedule on Sling over the noon hour, and discovered that the game on FS1 is not available at 7 p.m. They are showing the replay at 3 am. Crap!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Worst case, sign up for a free trial of a different streaming service. I did that about 3 times over football season. Just don’t forget to cancel.

• Winner
Reactions: heitclone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
WTF! My girlfriend and I just subscribed to sling so we could watch bball games without going to the bar every weekend! :mad: Additionally, we can't leave sling because she went to a Pac12 school, and as far as we know, they are the only one that offers the Pac12 network.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Sling stood theirground 2 years ago when the BIG got their new TV contracts with ESPN and Fox. Fox wanted more money and Sling told them no and that their existing contract already had the BIG content and it didn't warrant an increased fee. As a Sling subscriber this blackout is a small price to pay to not give the BIG any more money. Sling also doesn't have BTN which is a plus as well...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sling suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks in terms of technical function alone. Only streaming service I've ever paid for where even on demand content won't reliably play.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy and Gordilly

dcorbatt

Jul 25, 2016
WTF! My girlfriend and I just subscribed to sling so we could watch bball games without going to the bar every weekend! :mad: Additionally, we can't leave sling because she went to a Pac12 school, and as far as we know, they are the only one that offers the Pac12 network.

fubo.tv has it.

Reactions: Cytown12

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
Vaderstreams has every game known to man plus all premium and pay-per-view channels for $15 a month. (month to month basis) It even had that lousy Longhorn Network a few weeks back.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Sling is just barely good enough to entice people to switch from the cord, but crappy enough to push them back to dish/directv/cable and swear off streaming services all together. It is a genius business model until people give good services like PsVue, Hulu with tv, and YouTube tv a try.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
I have Direct tv Now. I have used up all the free memberships for the other companies. What I found with DTN is that they are pretty easy to get talked down. I got the $55 plan down to $40, so I'm sure you can talk them down quite a ways on the smallest plan.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm sticking with Sling for now because I actually want crappy content. They are the only ones that let me set LOWER quality to save on our stupid data caps. They do black out a few games that are Big X content but it usually is a Big X game so who the heck cares. At least I know that I am not sending ANY money to F*&& Iowa.

We'll just find a more creative solution tonight.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron