Iowa State at Iowa predictions.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Iowa 72
ISU: 69
We're not a great shooting team and this will be indicative of the score if we are < 35% from Trey and poor shooting from field. Also, they will have us in foul trouble; they've had a couple games with double-bonus with a lot of time. Cook could have a double-double and Iowa will be relieved we don't play like Mich State and NickWard.

I'll gladly eat crow and change my mind if we have a good shooting night.

• Winner
Reactions: CywinLannister

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
ISU's team two years ago was better than this year's team.
Iowa's team two years ago was worse than this year's team.
ISU got whooped by Iowa two years ago. I kind of expect the same this year.

Iowa 71
ISU 65

The parts of 2016's team were better but this years sum is greater than that 2016 team.

That said I still think we lose.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
I'm thinking Lard might have a big game, not sure who they have that can guard him.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I predict:

-JorBo will be closely guarded, so he will launch (and make) a 3pt shot from about 30 feet out and CHA will erupt in a loud murmur.
-Nic Baer will get barely grazed while making a simple layup, a foul will be called, and Nick will go into some weird/intense flexing. The Hok bench will have to hold each other back.
-Luka Garza will be beat down the floor and burned for scores at least 3 times.
-Luka Garza will start clapping and yelling on defense after making a simple putback on the other end.
-Halliburton and THT will finish the game with 4 and 3 steals, respectively.
-Shayok will score 20 points, but also have 3 turnovers (all of them losing the ball while dribbling into traffic)
-Maishe Dailey tries to prove Dolph wrong by dribbling with his head up and loses the ball.
-Mad Fran will finish with the following line: 1 technical, 6 players yelled at, 2 officials berated, every player used, all timeouts left, Francon 3.5.
-Refs stop play for what looks like someone looking for a contact lens only to find out that Cook's eye fell out after bugging out so hard after a dunk.
-Weiskamp will show up in a wheelchair, but still be in the lineup and get significant minutes.
-Isaiah Moss will wear a shirt with only one sleeve. Gotta keep that finishing arm ready.
-The football team will show up to watch the game and Nate Stanley will take up a whole section.
-Hok fans will see Jacobson and wonder all game why a white guy from the state of Iowa chose ISU over them.
-Dolph will make sure to unplug his mic, put it inside a box, and have a team assistant carry it to the other end of the building before fawning over our freshmen.
Need to make this into a Cy-hawk bingo board.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
For the love of all that is holy dont let little 5'7" Jordan Bohannon shoot three pointers. Literally the only thing he can do. Guard him obnoxiously close force him into the lane do whatever it takes. Take away the three point shot he is relegated to a middle schooler out there on both ends of the court.

I've never understood why teams don't pick him up at the halfcourt line, if not before. He gets tired and frustrated.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Told you guys

“I would never, ever have thought of going there,” Bohannon said of Iowa State. “I’m a Hawkeye kid.

“This game has a lot more weight to it than most games. Some fans, they look at our record and they just see if we beat Iowa State that year."

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
"We have to defend the state" wtf does that mean?

Reactions: GTO

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wow, what a little brotherish article. My takeaways:

-Baer is full of himself
-They make it sound like ISU did not recruit Bohannon because he was a total Hok when in reality we didn't recruit him because he sucks
-The last quote Jorbo says they have to win to "defend the state". Are we an out of state school now?

Something about him just oozes arrogance to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and GTO