A little update on FBI/NCAA stuffing ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So in other words, we know you cheated, you know you cheated, everyone knows you cheated, but we are going to not do anything about it for so long that hopefully people forget about it because we dont actually want to pretend to care.
They are not going to do anything until after the NCAA Tournament because that is their massive money maker. Take away some of those schools (especially Kansas) and that hurts their product/viewership and hurts their bank account.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
So in other words, we know you cheated, you know you cheated, everyone knows you cheated, but we are going to not do anything about it for so long that hopefully people forget about it because we dont actually want to pretend to care.

That was worked for Duke forever why change now? Field an ineligible player in a NCAA final do nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
They will do stuff pending how each of the teams does in the tourney. IF they flame out in the round of 32. All games will be foreited. If they make It to the finals. The investigation will determine there is nothing they can do.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
They are not going to do anything until after the NCAA Tournament because that is their massive money maker. Take away some of those schools (especially Kansas) and that hurts their product/viewership and hurts their bank account.
I don’t have a problem with it for two reasons, one is due process for those accused and second, it will permit innocent players to transfer without penalty after the season and have penalized teams sit out future NCAA tourney(s) with stripped down rosters. That will be more penal to cheaters like the KU Chickens.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I expect that Cleveland State will be punished most severely for this.

Screw that. I'm waiting for the heaviest hammer to fall on us. They've got to make an example out of someone. Calling it right now, we get roped in the deepest of everyone after news drops about when Jiri Hubalek's host family hooked him up with a free pair of Adidas sneakers.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I agree, they should just declare him ineligible (because he should be) and be done with it. Also, vacate any wins that he played in last year.
The FBI investogayion revealed a possible $2,000 payment. The punishment for that is typically 5 games. Josh Selby got 9 games for about $4,000.

The rumored payment from a Maryland booster has zero actual evidence surrounding it. Kinda absurd to punish someone solely because some guy said "I heard this happened". If an ISU player was held out for such absurdity, I doubt you would be pleased.

• Funny
  • Dumb
Reactions: CyArob and Rural

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
The FBI investogayion revealed a possible $2,000 payment. The punishment for that is typically 5 games. Josh Selby got 9 games for about $4,000.

The rumored payment from a Maryland booster has zero actual evidence surrounding it. Kinda absurd to punish someone solely because some guy said "I heard this happened". If an ISU player was held out for such absurdity, I doubt you would be pleased.

It's not every team that can pull reference punishments for impermissible benefits without having to look at other teams. Wasn't there some money to pay back Maryland that was in addition to the $2000?

Isu4meandyou

Nov 18, 2017
Poor KU BBall, they're being targeted. I mean there is no precedence for them paying athletes before, as Random Fan pointed out, Selby. But, even if they had, it didn't amount to more than 10% of their total annual athletic department expenditures.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...s-sports-budget-compare-with-that-of.amp.html
Worst case scenario they would have had to forfeit 10 games and we'll make those during the regular season. So all the postseason victories count, and by the way let's be honest. We all know that most of that revenue for them was generated by the football team, right.