Stupid Alamo Bowl Memes

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I don’t think history remembers the defenders of the Alamo as just losing. I think they are remembered as about 180 men that valiantly defended against about 4,000 members of the Mexican army and lasting an astonishing 13 days while taking about 3 members of the Mexican army for every “Texan” that was lost. I don’t see that as bad mojo. That poster is awesome. If it helps, think of the Alamo defenders as ISU’s special teams and the American army as the rest of the team coming in and cleaning house.

Proper term is "Texian".

Joking aside, definitely go on the mission tours. There were a lot more of them than just the Alamo.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I don’t think history remembers the defenders of the Alamo as just losing. I think they are remembered as about 180 men that valiantly defended against about 4,000 members of the Mexican army and lasting an astonishing 13 days while taking about 3 members of the Mexican army for every “Texan” that was lost. I don’t see that as bad mojo. That poster is awesome. If it helps, think of the Alamo defenders as ISU’s special teams and the American army as the rest of the team coming in and cleaning house.
Only about 8 of the defenders of the Alamo were from Texas. The rest were volunteers from somewhere else. Mostly the US. When the defenders asked General Houston for reinforcements from the Texan army. He said no. I never will understand the logic behind it being some great battle fought by Texans or a point of Texan pride.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I'm torn. I think this graphic is very cool and would love to make a poster out of it. However, is it bad mojo to have the Cyclone Nation flag on the Alamo where they lost?

Yeah, but Texas won the war. :)

Reactions: Cycsk

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
For a little over $50 you could get a banner made at Vista Print. Not sure how good the resolution would end up looking like blowing it up to this size.

View attachment 60620

{gently peaks head inside door, whispers to the group}
Its fun to talk about on here, but to lots of people down there, the Alamo is a very serious and sacred monument. Perhaps parading around flags and banners making it into a Busch Lite commercial wouldn't be the most well received. Anywho...
{leaves room}

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
{gently peaks head inside door, whispers to the group}
Its fun to talk about on here, but to lots of people down there, the Alamo is a very serious and sacred monument. Perhaps parading around flags and banners making it into a Busch Lite commercial wouldn't be the most well received. Anywho...
{leaves room}

BlissfulBlissfulElkhound-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: BCClone