Iowa State at Iowa predictions.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I predict I won't be able to keep track of all the 6'8" 180 lb white guys on Iowa's roster.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
First hostile environment for our freshman may cause a slow start for us.

Iowa really needs to win this game for the sake of their season after losing the first 2 Big Ten games, they will come out looking for blood.

We may make it close by the end of the night, but I am afraid they will jump out to a big lead in the first half.

Hopeful for a win, but I don't expect it to happen.

Hostile environment? I wish people would quit with this nonsense. THT played in environments more hostile than CHA in High School.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Should be a fun game tomorrow a rarity in historic CHA.

ISU looks to be a bad mach up for Iowa at the guard position, getting Lard and Talley back with Jacobson fortifies the front court to negate any advantage Fran may have had there. My only hesitation is it will be the first true road game for the freshman and neither Jacobson or Shayok have played in the Cyhawk game. It may take a bit to get the team in a flow especially shooting in from distance. The Cyclone defense has been quite good especially considering all the contributions from the new players and that will travel no mater the environment (not that CHA is intimidating anyway).

I can see Iowa getting a lead early but the turn overs will start and ISU will get the Off flowing to take a lead by the half and continue from there. I fully believe ISU is the better team and am fairly confident in a solid W.
79-71 ISU. Go State!!!
Beat the Hoks

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think we can win, but we’ve had good teams go there and lose before (00-01 and 16-17 come to mind).

79-77 hawks. And 2 dozen new trolls on CF

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Slow starts happen, but I love that this team doesn't seemed to be plagued by them like past ISU teams. When we came out fast against UNO after Maui, I was impressed. That had a mental let down written all over it.

Reactions: cyfanatic

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Hostile environment? I wish people would quit with this nonsense. THT played in environments more hostile than CHA in High School.

Somebody mentioned there were still tickets available yesterday. Even with a full crowd of Hawkeyes that place isn't hostile.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This Iowa team has the same roster as last year, with an injured Weiskamp trying to play, who is their 3rd leading scorer and rebounder. He will not be as mobile so we will play zone, which in turn ISU will tear apart. Iowa can not shoot the rock right now and does not drive nearly enough from the guard spots to get me confident for a victory. If bohannon is running the point for 30 minutes, Iowa is losing by 20. If he is off ball, I see a ten point game. Considering he is the PG, I predict ISU 88 Iowa 72. With Iowa getting garbage points from Dailey. Iowa is not good, same team as last year with a good freshman or two. But not great freshman, Iowa is a dying program.

• Disagree
Reactions: CywinLannister

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iowa is really going to struggle to defend us. That being said, it's their Super Bowl and all these Iowa kids we didn't want will have a chip on their shoulder and play out of their minds.

Iowa - 72
ISU - 67

Iowa is going to struggle to defend us...but we only score 67 points? That doesn't make any sense.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It seems pretty obvious but this game will come down to how ISU shoots the 3. In the 4 games vs p5 (+SDSU) teams this year, we are 3-0 when we hit at least 8 threes. The Arizona game we only made 4. They'll be forced to zone which means a lot of good looks, if we make 8, we win. That's my magic number. If that happens I've got ISU 75-62. If it doesn't, I've got the Hawks, 70-66. The silver lining to losing will be a little heat off of Fran. The bragging rights in every BK east of Des Moines will be enough to satisfy the fanbase.

• Agree
Reactions: CYber_saber

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I predict:

-JorBo will be closely guarded, so he will launch (and make) a 3pt shot from about 30 feet out and CHA will erupt in a loud murmur.
-Nic Baer will get barely grazed while making a simple layup, a foul will be called, and Nick will go into some weird/intense flexing. The Hok bench will have to hold each other back.
-Luka Garza will be beat down the floor and burned for scores at least 3 times.
-Luka Garza will start clapping and yelling on defense after making a simple putback on the other end.
-Halliburton and THT will finish the game with 4 and 3 steals, respectively.
-Shayok will score 20 points, but also have 3 turnovers (all of them losing the ball while dribbling into traffic)
-Maishe Dailey tries to prove Dolph wrong by dribbling with his head up and loses the ball.
-Mad Fran will finish with the following line: 1 technical, 6 players yelled at, 2 officials berated, every player used, all timeouts left, Francon 3.5.
-Refs stop play for what looks like someone looking for a contact lens only to find out that Cook's eye fell out after bugging out so hard after a dunk.
-Weiskamp will show up in a wheelchair, but still be in the lineup and get significant minutes.
-Isaiah Moss will wear a shirt with only one sleeve. Gotta keep that finishing arm ready.
-The football team will show up to watch the game and Nate Stanley will take up a whole section.
-Hok fans will see Jacobson and wonder all game why a white guy from the state of Iowa chose ISU over them.
-Dolph will make sure to unplug his mic, put it inside a box, and have a team assistant carry it to the other end of the building before fawning over our freshmen.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I worry that our offense will become stagnant against their zone and we'll settle for forced three pointers. They don't have spectacular athletes but they do have a lot of length and their zone d (minus the MSU game) has looked pretty good. I also think they will pound the ball inside and draw a lot of fouls on us which will further muddy up the game. If we can get out and run on them, I see us winning easily. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Iowa 75-ISU 68

I hope I'm wrong.

• Winner
Reactions: CywinLannister

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron