Iowa State at Iowa predictions.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think we will go with our starting lineup from the past few games. Switch everything on the perimeter, and double down when the ball gets entered into Garza. He hasn't seen many double teams in the post with JB etc on the perimeter. However, when we double with four small we are much quicker to the perimeter than the past few years.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Iowa - 78
ISU - 70

Iowa has a big lead in the first half. ISU catches fire late but it’ll be too late.

• Winner
Reactions: CywinLannister

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think Iowa will come out with a little more intensity and get out to an early lead but ISU will weather the storm and take control in the second half. ISU 73 Iowa 65.

• Disagree

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
ISU's team two years ago was better than this year's team.
Iowa's team two years ago was worse than this year's team.
ISU got whooped by Iowa two years ago. I kind of expect the same this year.

Iowa 71
ISU 65
This ^^^^ has merit. The weird scheduling in their conference has put them behind the 8 ball in December. I don't think we get whooped...in fact, we might just win. This group plays together very well. Not much "me" ball going on. But the Hawks being in the position they are per their schedule IMO are going to come out with their hair on fire and going to make it a very difficult game.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
ISU wins in a closer-than-it-should-be fashion. The all-Iowa team will be pumped about playing the state's premier basketball program.

• Disagree

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I think we will go with our starting lineup from the past few games. Switch everything on the perimeter, and double down when the ball gets entered into Garza. He hasn't seen many double teams in the post with JB etc on the perimeter. However, when we double with four small we are much quicker to the perimeter than the past few years.

I honestly don't see Iowa State doubling the post much. They haven't really doubled the post this year so I don't see them all of a sudden doing it this game.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I honestly don't see Iowa State doubling the post much. They haven't really doubled the post this year so I don't see them all of a sudden doing it this game.

There is no reason to double the post. That’s just an invitation for Cook to do his thing from the weak side.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
MadFran gets his second T with 10 seconds left. MJ's last free throw puts us up 80-79 for the win.
Dolph heard after the game--"Why can't we have composed coach like those guys do?". He's later suspended for the rest of the season.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
First hostile environment for our freshman may cause a slow start for us.

Iowa really needs to win this game for the sake of their season after losing the first 2 Big Ten games, they will come out looking for blood.

We may make it close by the end of the night, but I am afraid they will jump out to a big lead in the first half.

Hopeful for a win, but I don't expect it to happen.

• Winner

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron