Bama has to win

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Stupid ******* Alabama.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Looks like it’s Houston for the Clones!

Virtual home game against A&M.

Fitting end to the season.

I just counted and out of ISU's 13 bowls, 4 of them could be considered road games with two of them actually in the home team's stadium (last year and Boise bowl).

Alabama in Louisianna is the closest to a home game I didn't count.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
If I'm reading that, in fairness, how does Georgia go from 4 to 6 after beating 1?

I'm as sick of the SEC as anyone but that would be just wrong.

I beleive they're placed in the order of their chances to make the playoffs at the time I looked at it. Georgia would be 6th, because they don't have a great chance to win vs. Alabama per the model, where OU already won and passed ND, and OSU has a very good chance to beat NW. Once the SEC Championship is completed Alabama will be #1 or down to #6 - similar outcome for Georgia.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Regardless of if Alabama makes a game of this and wins somehow, it's clear to me that Clemson should be #1 if they roll Pitt like they should.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And this is really the only game against a top team to base them off of since their next best opponent was LSU.

Yep. Alabama's looked great against a schedule mix of easy teams and often overrated competition- that competition usually seeing inflated rankings by the 8 game schedules in the SEC and the fact that pollsters provided almost no punishment to teams who lost to Alabama.

• Winner
Reactions: TykeClone

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Georgia wins and there won’t even be controversy over Alabama getting in. Oklahoma list to a 4-loss team. Ohio State to a 6 loss team. I think it would be the easiest 4 teams to select since the playoffs started.
Oklahoma has beaten every team they played. They would deserve it over Bama.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
And you know they’ll just turn around and beat Georgia in the rematch.

That's the thing that in my opinion is BS about taking 2 teams from the same conference. You shouldn't have to beat the same team twice. ...wasnt the case last year (Auburn beat Alabama), but might be a thing this year if Georgia wins and Alabama gets in.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Probably why they need to expand playoff games
LOL! People will use that argument no matter how many teams are in a playoff! It started with, “Gee, polls deciding a national championship game doesn’t work!” Then it was, “Oh gosh, there are problems with the top two teams fighting it out”, and now it’s “We need to expand the playoffs!”

No matter what the system is there is always going to be aproblemwith it. Every “fix” someone will think we “need” more.

Yep, even with all the teams invited to the NCAA Basketball tournament, there is still grumbling. Expanding the playoff will never, ever “fix” everything.

• Disagree
Reactions: alarson

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
hold-onto-your-butts-velociraptor.gif