Where are your fans?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Half of the B12 is worse....

Which ones? Of the Big 12 ones I've been to (7 of them including Hilton) the worst was Oklahoma and I still think it's better than Carver. WVU is obviously better too even though I haven't been there. Never been to Tech or Baylor so can't comment on those but they don't look good on TV

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I've been to the following venues for P5 basketball:

Kansas
Kansas State
Mizzou
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas

All of those venues are better than Carver
Can't disagree with all but Okie-State are better than Carver. Worst D-1 arenas I seen are Penn State's, the odd Vanderbilt Memorial, Texas A&M's are the ones I can recall. They are old, strange, clunky or have an off atmosphere and not better than CHA.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Which ones? Of the Big 12 ones I've been to (7 of them including Hilton) the worst was Oklahoma and I still think it's better than Carver. WVU is obviously better too even though I haven't been there. Never been to Tech or Baylor so can't comment on those but they don't look good on TV
So what are we talking about...venue or atmosphere?

If it's atmosphere half the B12 sux in that regard....half empty venues for league games. Iowa would rank 4th....by a wide margin...in attendance. Baylor, OSU, TCU all averaged less than 7,000.....hard to imagine the atmosphere being all that great.

If you're talking just venue you probably have a point because I'm not a big Carver fan....

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So what are we talking about...venue or atmosphere?

If it's atmosphere half the B12 sux in that regard....half empty venues for league games. Iowa would rank 4th....by a wide margin...in attendance. Baylor, OSU, TCU all averaged less than 7,000.....hard to imagine the atmosphere being all that great.

If you're talking just venue you probably have a point because I'm not a big Carver fan....

Both

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Well I disagree with you're assessment then.

Carver is not a bad place for a bowl arena but there are many better. It is fairly new but new does not always translate to better. PSU's Bryce-Jordan is new and it just blah for a bb game-good convention center though.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
You and twins need to hug it out.
dr-evil-crying1.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Is anyone going to start a game thread for this tonight? I’m not a fan of that usually but the meltdowns are going to be glorious either way.

Scenario 1: the team comes out and wins and Fran and the team talk crap and all the Dolph fluffers have to backpedal and be like “**** maybe Dolph should go”

Scenario 2: the team loses and it’s ON. McCaffrey gets roasted and the team probably begins their slide.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Is anyone going to start a game thread for this tonight? I’m not a fan of that usually but the meltdowns are going to be glorious either way.

Scenario 1: the team comes out and wins and Fran and the team talk crap and all the Dolph fluffers have to backpedal and be like “**** maybe Dolph should go”

Scenario 2: the team loses and it’s ON. McCaffrey gets roasted and the team probably begins their slide.
It's only on BTN so kind of limited to noting post-game reactions, if anything.