Fant is going pro

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not surprising at all. I honestly don't blame him for skipping a bowl game either, but this new trend of players deciding what games they want to play in is certainly not good for the game.
How is it bad?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Not surprising at all. I honestly don't blame him for skipping a bowl game either, but this new trend of players deciding what games they want to play in is certainly not good for the game.

I would love to hear the explanation behind this statement. What do you want them to do? Be conscripted into playing?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I would love to hear the explanation behind this statement. What do you want them to do? Be conscripted into playing?

Oh, idk, maybe honor their scholarship and not sell out on teammates because you are so scared of getting hurt? Seriously, grow up, this exactly what people talk about when they are talking about the snowflake generation.

You think guys 20, even 10 years ago were just deciding not to play when they were perfectly healthy because there is a chance to get hurt? This reminds me of the Noland thread when I called him out, then everyone got all triggered saying he might get hurt so he just quit in the middle of the season.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I've never understood sitting out.. really.

Why play the last 2-3 games of the year then?

If you make a conference title game, sit out. Could get hurt!

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame and GTO

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I mean, if the best players on teams start sitting out bowl games, that probably hurts the overall quality of the game, no?

I don't necessarily disagree with them doing it, but I can see how it might affect the game.

Bowl games used to be my favorite time of the entire season, I feel like its going to get worse every year if players continue this trend of sitting out. Where does it stop? A guy who thinks he's going to get drafted in the 6th round decides he doesnt want to risk it so calls it quits?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I mean, if the best players on teams start sitting out bowl games, that probably hurts the overall quality of the game, no?

I don't necessarily disagree with them doing it, but I can see how it might affect the game.
I hear you. I just don't think it is going to change the game that much. It really doesn't change the betting line much.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Oh, idk, maybe honor their scholarship and not sell out on teammates because you are so scared of getting hurt? Seriously, grow up, this exactly what people talk about when they are talking about the snowflake generation.

You think guys 20, even 10 years ago were just deciding not to play when they were perfectly healthy because there is a chance to get hurt? This reminds me of the Noland thread when I called him out, then everyone got all triggered saying he might get hurt so he just quit in the middle of the season.

It's a glorified exhibition game. Iowa's season is over for all intents and purposes and he has millions of dollars on the line, yet you think he owes it to his teammates to play in a meaningless game? That's a hot take.