WBB - ISU @ South Dakota

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looking a little like last year when the coyotes blew the lead. Not sure we deserve this but we got a good shot at pulling this out

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
We all know that Bridget is a great player, but she is having a bad night, so why not run a play for Maddie since she got them back in the game

Reactions: BenEClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
We were calling for a press to slow them down in the first half. Kind of late, but effective, and I hope we learn in the loss.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We all know that Bridget is a great player, but she is having a bad night, so why not run a play for Maddie since she got them back in the game
I know that’s rhetorical, but you’re asking the wrong people here.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Bill getting frustrated and getting a T, pretty stupid. He's going all on pissed off while it's his team that's getting outplayed in every aspect of the game. It ain't the refs.
Maybe he needs to add LF to the coaching staff

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That frantic fourth quarter makes me feel a little better after those two 9 point quarters in the 1st half We finally matched their hustle and intensity in the final quarter and made it a game however unlikely that looked after the 3rd.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
First half was a disaster. Scoring only 9 points in each qtr is not going to beat much of anybody.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

Because Fennelly thinks Bridget is everything. Bridget is a great player but she cant live up to how good Fennelly believes she is. Several times this year I've felt the team played better when she was not on the court. Not because she's not good, but because they don't stand around and wait for Bridget to do it all.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
That frantic fourth quarter makes me feel a little better after those two 9 point quarters in the 1st half We finally matched their hustle and intensity in the final quarter and made it a game however unlikely that looked after the 3rd.
Yeah I nearly cut it off before the 4th. Why wait 3 qtrs to start playing?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Because Fennelly thinks Bridget is everything. Bridget is a great player but she cant live up to how good Fennelly believes she is. Several times this year I've felt the team played better when she was not on the court. Not because she's not good, but because they don't stand around and wait for Bridget to do it all.

Well, prior to this game we saw a lot less of the team standing around waiting for Carleton to "do something" but regressed some tonight under the pressure of some good defense.

Kinda doubt Iowa will bring that kind of defense, Drake might very well though.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames

I'm probably the only one, but I've never been that impressed with her. I mean she is a good solid player but that's it for me anyway. They finally got it going but just not enough time.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I'm probably the only one, but I've never been that impressed with her. I mean she is a good solid player but that's it for me anyway. They finally got it going but just not enough time.

I think it is just you - she is a two time unanimous All-B12 Player and was the youngest member of the Canadian Senior National Team. She had a bad night and that is all.

Also Oklahoma lost at New Mexico to go to 2-4 on the season with upcoming non-conf games at Auburn and Depaul & UConn at home.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

tomvet

Aug 30, 2014
Drake beat this team 76-64 at the Knapp. We are going to have our hands full with the other Iowa teams.

D

Deleted member 8507

I think it is just you - she is a two time unanimous All-B12 Player and was the youngest member of the Canadian Senior National Team. She had a bad night and that is all.

Also Oklahoma lost at New Mexico to go to 2-4 on the season with upcoming non-conf games at Auburn and Depaul & UConn at home.
Yeah, but Sherri is my favorite non-ISU coach and she is a hell of a coach. 20 straight seasons over .500 and a post-season berth.