KU game @ 11:30 am on Versus

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Per Big12sports.com.

Television Set For Oct 4 Games - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

I know this was mentioned in the KU kickoff thread, but I think this deserves its own thread so that people don't post a hundred "Is the game on TV???" threads.

For DirecTV, Versus is NOT part of the Sports Pack. You have to subscribe to at least the Choice Extra package to get it.

For Dish, it looks like you have to have at least the America's Top 250 package.

Not sure about Mediacom. Their website is not helpful. Anyone with Mediacom want to chime in with info?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Mediacom has versus on basic I think because wasn't the Iowa game on there? Thanks,

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
You get it with the basic plan (Channel 55) and I can't wait for the game! We haven't had a home game for a few weeks and I'm already missing Jack Trice.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Versus isn't on direct TV? It's a pretty good channel with alot of Outdoors, sports, UFC-WEC and Hockey...

If you check out the original post, Versus is on Direct TV, but it isn't in the sports pack, it is in one of the Choice programming packages with all of the general channels.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Woohoo! TV again!

This might be a record for ISU. Only one game so far that hasn't been on national TV (SDSU).

SDSU - FCS Central
Kent State - not broadcast
Iowa - BTN
UNLV - MTN
KU - Versus
Baylor - ???? probably not broadcast, but who knows?

Also, our record with games on Versus is 2-0, is it not?

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Only one game so far that hasn't been on national TV (SDSU).

Actually, the FCS Central broadcast was on national television.

Baylor - ???? probably not broadcast, but who knows?
Eh, I doubt this game gets on TV. You're probably looking at two of the worst teams in the Big 12 playing each other. Although, if we beat KU, who knows?

Also, our record with games on Versus is 2-0, is it not?
That is correct. Beat Iowa and K-State last year.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Fine with being on Versus...hate playing before noon...night games are so much better.

TV doesn't matter if you are going to be at the game :wink:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Not a fan of games at that time slot, especially at home - but - we're on TV and it's ISU football.

So, I shall not complain. :)

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Wow, why would ABC choose Tech v KSU? Doesn't ABC get the first pick - if so you'd think they would want CU v Tx.