Cyclones Ranked 24th

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
I figured about the same. We might go up a few more spots after this coming weekend's championship games. I could see us right around 22 before the bowl games. I still can't figure out why no love from the Coaches Poll.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I figured about the same. We might go up a few more spots after this coming weekend's championship games. I could see us right around 22 before the bowl games. I still can't figure out why no love from the Coaches Poll.

It's amazing how influential missing that first game has been, especially in the coaches poll.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We need to pull a Hayden Fry on Drake, go for Cumberland's record.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s really funny some poster on HR started a thread titled “goodbye ISU ranking hello Iowa.” They really don’t care how stupid they look all the time.
Meanwhile, on HR:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
We need to pull a Hayden Fry on Drake, go for Cumberland's record.
For the Drake kids sake....I hope not.

Kind of hoping for a Blizzard....ISU gets the easy win but weather keeps it semi-reasonable. 42-7. Drake kids can say they went toe to toe with the big boys and ISU gets to play their back-ups and get the easy W.

If the weather is good I see no way Drake can keep ISU from scoring less than 60. CMC certainly won't try to run it up but he can't tell his guys not to play hard. The second and third teamers will be going after it.

Reactions: bos

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Kind of hoping for a Blizzard....ISU gets the easy win but weather keeps it semi-reasonable. 42-7. Drake kids can say they went toe to toe with the big boys and ISU gets to play their back-ups and get the easy W.

If the weather is good I see no way Drake can keep ISU from scoring less than 60. CMC certainly won't try to run it up but he can't tell his guys not to play hard. The second and third teamers will be going after it.

If the disparity is really there for talent and it's completely one-sided, not playing hard is how players get hurt in that kind of situation.

Hopefully CMC and the team are treating it like any other game so they can keep the intensity up to take care of things without any messing around.

Not saying Drake should stay with ISU but if I were Drake's coach I'd be pulling out all sorts of things to mess with a team: 11 in pass coverage out of a standard set, blitz everyone occasionally, change the offensive sets, option, flea flickers, etc.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Hopefully CMC and the team are treating it like any other game so they can keep the intensity up to take care of things without any messing around.

Not saying Drake should stay with ISU but if I were Drake's coach I'd be pulling out all sorts of things to mess with a team: 11 in pass coverage out of a standard set, blitz everyone occasionally, change the offensive sets, option, flea flickers, etc.

Agree with the first paragraph, disagree with the second one. This game will be great for pushing fundamentals and then getting some game time reps for back ups and freshman. I hope Drake plays it straight, relying on whatever they do best.

I hope for a nice sunny day with temps in the 40s and no injuries on either side.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Lots of teams ranked lower than Drake have played FBS teams this season. Hopefully the second half is played entirely with freshmen/sophs and walkons. No way will ISU run up the score if they can help it.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
If the disparity is really there for talent and it's completely one-sided, not playing hard is how players get hurt in that kind of situation.

When this game was first announced I was like WTF?!?

I have changed my mind about it though. Can you imagine how jacked the Drake kids are for this game? An opportunity of a lifetime and pretty much the icing on the cake pursuing their dream of playing college football. If someone did a poll of the Drake players....every last one of them would say "Hell yes!!!" if they were asked if they wanted to play this game. With having to fill this slot after "The word" dropped out I really don't see a problem with scheduling Drake and when passing judgement I think the Drake players thoughts on the subject should be taken into account....and like I said, I think they're "all in".

There is no way Drake can win this game but....I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't put up a fight...at least initially. This will be a hard game for the ISU guys to get up for....the starters at least, I think the subs will be amped up to get some snaps.

I just see Drake flying around giving their all for a bit and making it tougher for ISU than should be possible. The mental aspect is so huge in CFB that I think they can compete better than even I'm giving them credit for.....

It'll still be a comfortable ISU win....I just see Drake competing better than expected.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

You've gone soft on my snark.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
When this game was first announced I was like WTF?!?

I have changed my mind about it though. Can you imagine how jacked the Drake kids are for this game? An opportunity of a lifetime and pretty much the icing on the cake pursuing their dream of playing college football. If someone did a poll of the Drake players....every last one of them would say "Hell yes!!!" if they were asked if they wanted to play this game. With having to fill this slot after "The word" dropped out I really don't see a problem with scheduling Drake and when passing judgement I think the Drake players thoughts on the subject should be taken into account....and like I said, I think they're "all in".

There is no way Drake can win this game but....I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't put up a fight...at least initially. This will be a hard game for the ISU guys to get up for....the starters at least, I think the subs will be amped up to get some snaps.

I just see Drake flying around giving their all for a bit and making it tougher for ISU than should be possible. The mental aspect is so huge in CFB that I think they can compete better than even I'm giving them credit for.....

It'll still be a comfortable ISU win....I just see Drake competing better than expected.
I think Drake will keep it close... in the 1st quarter