ISR Bowl talk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I honestly hope it is OU that goes over OSU. Neither team has much of a chance against Bama. Plus, that way not too many Big 10 teams get pulled up in the pecking order.

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yah thank goodness Alvarez and Osborne aren't on the committee anymore.
Looking through the list, it looks more balanced.
It is interesting that the OU and OSU ADs are both on the committee. I wonder if they have to recuse themselves when discussing their teams?

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

Nervous now, the thoroughness of them I now question. I looked at one bio, clicked on Hatfield and either I’m dumb or the CFP people can’t count.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Posted in another thread, but I will post again for those saying Oklahoma’s and Ohio State’s offensive efficiency is similar (it is not):

When adjusted to the "average" CFP team Oklahoma scores 3.94 points/possession where as their defense allows 2.79 points/possession. Ohio State scores 3.09 points/possession and allows 2.11 points/possession.

It is not even close if you compare points/play where Oklahoma leads the country at 0.76 (Alabama 2nd at .70) and Ohio State is 0.52.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I honestly hope it is OU that goes over OSU. Neither team has much of a chance against Bama. Plus, that way not too many Big 10 teams get pulled up in the pecking order.

Why, you want a crappier bowl to get an easier opponent?

• Winner
Reactions: GTO

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
upload_2018-11-25_15-12-58-jpeg.60326

There is no debate

Can you send this to the people that decide please. I would rather see OU than OSU.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I don't understand this
He is thinking the Big 10 would get blasted in games in they had to play up against other conferences better teams. It makes sense, but is a loser mentality. I hope the BIG does well, but never OSU. Not after they got out of another mess with their own slap on the wrist. BIG ten has a bunch of above average teams and will get exposed in the bowl season. This is not out year.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I see a lot of focus on tOSU, but what about Georgia? They seem to be a bigger threat to Oklahoma than tOSU. I could see them losing a tight one to Alabama and still getting picked since SEC and all that. Plus it wouldn't shock me if they beat Alabama. If that happens then neither Oklahoma nor tOSU is making the playoff. With that said I'd take Oklahoma over tOSU because the Purdue blowout just isn't a good look. Losing to Texas isn't a black mark.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He is thinking the Big 10 would get blasted in games in they had to play up against other conferences better teams. It makes sense, but is a loser mentality. I hope the BIG does well, but never OSU. Not after they got out of another mess with their own slap on the wrist. BIG ten has a bunch of above average teams and will get exposed in the bowl season. This is not out year.

If the hand slap part bothers you, honestly what teams in the big ten can you tolerate then?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Posted in another thread, but I will post again for those saying Oklahoma’s and Ohio State’s offensive efficiency is similar (it is not):

When adjusted to the "average" CFP team Oklahoma scores 3.94 points/possession where as their defense allows 2.79 points/possession. Ohio State scores 3.09 points/possession and allows 2.11 points/possession.

It is not even close if you compare points/play where Oklahoma leads the country at 0.76 (Alabama 2nd at .70) and Ohio State is 0.52.
Those stats pretty much make them a wash when you throw in the D stats.

Either way....Alabama destroys both teams. Might be the year to get "snubbed" by the committee...whichever team gets picked will be pegged as an undeserving fraud after Bama boat races them....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I see a lot of focus on tOSU, but what about Georgia? They seem to be a bigger threat to Oklahoma than tOSU. I could see them losing a tight one to Alabama and still getting picked since SEC and all that. Plus it wouldn't shock me if they beat Alabama. If that happens then neither Oklahoma nor tOSU is making the playoff. With that said I'd take Oklahoma over tOSU because the Purdue blowout just isn't a good look. Losing to Texas isn't a black mark.

I think most understand the Georgia angle, we are just focusing on the what if of Georgia not going.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
As far as OSU goes, the committee should not (but probably will) ignore OSU escaped a loss to MARYLAND(!!!) due to a easy but overthrown 2pt conversion pass.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wondered the same thing. Georgia is just as much a part of the equation if not more so than tOSU.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
As far as OSU goes, the committee should not (but probably will) ignore OSU escaped a loss to MARYLAND(!!!) due to a easy but overthrown 2pt conversion pass.
...and OU beat OsU by 1....both teams have warts and give up way too many pts.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I would rather us go to the Alamo Bowl. I've watched too many bowl games in Florida that are a rain magnet.